Mood Swings

༻❖༺
2.3k words

Hayden is far from stupid. He knew very well what was going on, from the mood swings, to the stains on sheets, to the complaints of discomfort, you're in that stage of your cycle.

"Hey, um..." He starts, looking over at you as you cuddle on the couch, watching nothing in particular on TV.

"Mhm...?" You hum in return.

"How are you doing...?" He starts, unsure how to approach you without sounding like a total incel.

"Not great.... This sucks..." You grumble, crossing your legs.

Hayden chuckles in amusement, and leans over to your side. "What hurts the most?" He quietly questions, running his fingers through your soft (h/c) hair, attempting to comfort you.

His tender and soft touch on your skin causes it to shiver and tingle. Your discomfort eases ever so slightly at the warmth his touch provides.

"Down there..." You mumble, and he smiles, knowing exactly what you're talking about.

"Here..." He starts, rubbing your lower back in small, gentle circles. "Does this help?" He quietly asks, a concerned and caring look in his eyes.

You moan softly in pleasure, the tension easing in your back due to his rubbing. "A little... thanks..." you mumble, resting your head against him.

He chuckles softly, pulling you into a hug, wrapping his muscular arms around you. "Anything else I can do? Rub your feet? Make you some tea?" He asks, lightly brushing a few strands of hair from your face.

"I think I want a warm bath..." you mumble, slightly shivering.

"That's a good idea," he says, getting off the couch and helping you to your feet. "Wait right here, I'll go run one for you." He quickly leaves the room before you can even protest.

Within minutes, he returns, and leads you towards the bathroom. A warm bath is already waiting for you, surrounded by scented candles and a couple of bath bombs floating around, making the water a soothing lavender hue. Hayden smiles as he sees your expression change from discomfort to awe. "Just for you," he says as he helps you over to the side of the tub.

He helps to lift you into the bathtub and steps back, giving you space in the large tub. "Would you like me to stay or leave you to have some privacy?" He asks, a hint of humour in his tone.

You chuckle softly, shaking your head. "Stay," you murmur, a slight blush rising to your cheeks. He smiles, and leans up against the counter, crossing his arms over his chest.

You lean your head back against the tub, and your eyes close as you feel the water and bubbles caressing your aching back.

Hayden is quiet as he watches you, a look of concern and care in his eyes. He takes notice that you seem more relaxed, the tension and stress finally washing away from you. "Is this helping?" He starts, speaking into the silence.

"A lot, actually," you murmur, opening your eyes. You look over at your boyfriend, feeling an overwhelming sense of love and adoration wash over you as he looks at you with concern and understanding. He's not trying to downplay anything, he's just there to support you. He cares.

You start to feel an overwhelming wave of emotions wash over you, and before you know it, you start to feel your eyes welling up.

Hayden notices the tears in your eyes and drops his arms, coming over toward the tub to kneel by your side. "Hey, hey baby... what's wrong? Talk to me" he says calmly. He reaches out to brush a couple of stray curls away from your face, using his thumb to wipe away a stray tear that had fallen. "Are you okay?" He quietly asks, his eyes full of worry.