Chapter 8: What's your deal?

Malachi's POV:

I was talking with Stone at his locker but I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that Ariana might know about me and Y/n. "Dude, I'm telling you you, that car is sick. You should totally get it." Stone says. "Nahh. Ain't no way my parents would let me." I tell him. "That sucks man." Stone says forming a tin line with his lips. "Yeah.." I just say. Then we hear a 'ding' sound and Stone checks his phone. "That's my girlfriend man, I gotta go." He says. "Oh yeah, cool."

"Oh speaking of girlfriends. Why didn't you tell le you're dating Y/n?? Gotta fill me up. ASAP." He says walking backwards. "Yeah. I'll talk to you later." I say. "Later." He says, when he walked away I grabbed my phone to text Y/n.

____________________________

Spidergirl
____________________________

Clint Barton 2.0
how'd it go with Ariana?

Spidergirl
I'm busy

Clint Barton 2.0
where are you?

Spidergirl
Busy.

Clint Barton 2.0
just answer the questions
Y/l/n

Spidergirl
library
being busy

Clint Barton 2.0
don't care
coming anyway
Read by 'Spidergirl' at 12:28 pm

Really Y/l/n??
Delivered to 'Spidergirl'

TF??
Delivered to 'Spidergirl'

____________________________

I was in looking for Y/n when I saw her sitting on a table, focusing on the books infront of her. She was concentrated like hell. She wasn't even wearing her headphone.

'Weird. She's obsessed with music. She always wears her headphone. In school, on the streets, on set, at her home, at MY home. Everywhere! She's really attached to that headphone. The battery couldn't be low cause she charges it every morning/night. She didn't look too happy either. I mean--She's cold but. Wow. This is way different.'

I walk over to her. "Hey. How'd it go?" I ask but she completely ignores me. "Hello? Y/l/n??" I say. "Told her we're just situationly together so we're just trying it out. Nothing to real." She finally speaks in a cold tone. Not even caring to look up from the book. "Alright...So...You into army's?" I say lolking at the books on the table. "No. Hate them." She says in a similair tone as before. "Why? Because they're fighting over a country that only belongs to one--" She cuts me of. "Because they take family away frol each other. That's why. Why are you here anyway? I told you I'm busy." She snaps at me. Finally facing me.

"Woah. I just wanted to know if Ariana was suspicious about this." "I told you I could handle it." "What's your deal? Are you on your period or something?" I ask her frowning. It was no secret she hated me. So did I but--this time she was acting different. "What the- no. Eww. Gross man. Barton, Just leave me alone." She says in a disgusted tone. "Why are you acting like this. God you're so--" I say in a pissed tone but get cutt of by a 'ding' sound from Y/n's phone.

She imidiatly grabs it and her expression softens but not in a good way. "Y/l/n? You good?" I ask her but she just stands up and walks away. Not daring to look up from her phone. What the hell just happend? I just akwardly look around with my lips formed in a thin line when I see she forgot her headphone. 'God..Now I have to find her and give it back. Ughh.'

________________

I've searched everywhere for her. Like litterly everywhere. I see Ariana walking through the hallway and walk up to her. "Hey. Ariana wait." I say, stopping her in her tracks. "Oh. Hey loverboy." She says teasingly. I roll my eyes at her comment. "Have you seen Y/n?" "Oh? She didn't tell you? She left." Ariana tells me with a frown. "What do you mean 'she left'?? There's still like 4 hours of school." I say. "I don't know. The only thing I know is that she headed to thz principles office and after she texted me that she was heading home." Ariana said. "Maybe she didn't feel so good?" She says. "No. That's not it." I say. She just shrugs. "Well. I gotta go. See ya." She says. "Yeah.." I mumble.

_______________

Spidergirl
_______________

Clint Barton 2.0
you okay?
Ariana said you're home
why??
did something happen?
Delivered to 'Spidergirl' at 12:51 pm

Clint Barton 2.0
come on
you can text Ariana
but not me??
ok nvm
forget I said that
that actually makes sense
you hate me
Delivered to 'Spidergirl' at 12:55 pm

Clint Barton 2.0
look irdc what's wrong
but if I'm your 'bf'
I probably should know
right??
Delivered to 'Spidergirl' at 12:58 pm

Clint Barton 2.0
ugh yk what?
leave me on deliverd
who cares?
I gotta go to class now
text me or don't
idc ig
you just wasted my time
Delivered to 'Spidergirl' at 13:00 pm

_______________

'So I'm here. Showing the slightest worry for her and she can't even respond to me. She wasted my whole break by being an annoying ass and not responding when I'm trying to be nice for once! Maybe I shouldn't give her her headphone back. She doesn't deserve it does she...?'

A/n:

I'm sorry this is so short and boring but I'm running out of ideas for the next few chapter and idk what to write but I really wanna write tho...