Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

"You want to WHAT?!" Cressida yells, confused about my strange request.

"I want to create a funeral video of me. Snow will never get that I'm really dead unless we all work together to make it super realistic."

Cressida with big eyes ponders at this for a few seconds then nods in agreement.

"So, what do you need me to do?"

"I need you just to film it. Maybe ask Plutarch to come up with a script."

She nods again.

"The thing is, this needs to be live, so in order for it to be live, we need to make it as realistic and not scripted as possible." I inform her.

"I agree, Katniss. But, there's still so many other things we need to buff out with the plans for it. Creating a 'live feed' is extremely difficult if people know it's a recording. It's not as natural as you'd imagine."

Irritated at that comment, I snipe back, "Believe me, I know."

"So, you're asking me to do?" She queries.

"Just film it. Maybe have Plutarch give some feedback and tips on what people should say exactly. Everyone is in on it."

I run my hand down my colossal bump, I wished I didn't have to take these measures just to win a rebellion. This revolution is at my fingertips and I will finish this unnecessary war.

"Okay. Sure. I suppose. How are we all going to act and so it realistically while making it look live? You may not be the best at acting even if you're supposed to be dead."

"Coin informed me that a local girl here who looks somewhat similar to me died when Snow dropped the bombs. They've been waiting til the family have approval to cremate her body. So, we have a prep team who going to make her up to look exactly like me. Dye her hair the perfect colour, put putty on her face to shape it like mine and then all you'll see of 'me' is her body burning."

She ponders at the thought and then nods her head. Cressida then asks,

"One thing— how did you die in this scenario?"

I run my hand down my bump, thinking it may have dropped a small bit as my lower back is killing me. With this in mind, I finish,

"With everything crossed for it not to actually happening, when I give birth..."

Cressida's eyes instantly drift down to my belly which I hold with both hands. She looks shocked from my proposed idea. I hate the idea, but Snow may still not even realise that I am actually pregnant so with an actual baby in Peeta's hands as he whimpers over my 'dead corpse' it will sell more than if I had some other stupid fake thing happen to me. This is so horrible and so unbelievable that no one would actually think I would wish for something to happen on the day of my life. But, I couldn't imagine if anything like that did ever happen, because she has changed my whole life already. And I would absolutely hate for her to live without me beside her as her mother in this world, before or after I inevitably kill Snow.

"Is Peeta okay with that plan?" Cressida asks, breaking my thoughts.

When I told Peeta that this was what I wanted to do, I treaded lightly. I didn't want to set him off to Mutt Peeta again. I don't like when he visits at all... It's not good for me, or for Peeta, or my stress levels for our baby inside me...

-Flashback-

Peeta's eyes go wide and instantly glaze with worry.

"Katniss, you want Snow to think you died... giving birth to our baby girl...?" Peeta chokes out, his glazed eyes staring deep into my soul.