[9] Inferno

Trigger warning: alcoholism, drug use, detailed accident and homicide. Do not read this chapter if you do not feel comfortable, the book will take a very sharp dark turn. Exit now, do NOT report.

Gojo POV

I started laughing as soon as those words came out. "Choso...do you really think I would let you stop me?"

"Yes." He crossed his arms. "I may be friends with you, but I owe her my life. She saved me from drowning when we were children, the least I can do is watch out for (nickname). And her sons, I adore them."

"I thought you hated them?"

"Never." Choso opened his phone to show me his lockscreen which was him and his nephews making silly faces in a kids cafe, Choso's hair in his signature pigtails. "Besides...you have no right to go back into her life. Especially after those things you've done."

"Things?" Kechizu looked interested now. "Cho, you only told us of how (nickname) and Satoru broke up. What else happened?"

At his confusion, I started laughing. "So they don't know what I did? And here I thought I was the dirty liar."

"Don't you dare." Choso gave me a warning stare. "You should leave."

"Hmm...nah." I looked Kechizu in the eye. "Do you know what happened two years ago?"

He shrugged. "A lot happens, be more specific."

"Satoru, if you tell him, he will tell (nickname)!!" Choso grabbed my arm and squeezed it. "She must never find out. We both promised to take this to our graves."

"You're equally as guilty, for lying to her face." I looked at Kechizu and Eso who were both getting suspicious and worried what exactly their older brother was guilty of. "At least I didn't lie about how Hajime died."

"What...? They said that it was a hit and run, and Fei died from internal bleeding?" Eso recalled.

"That's not even the tip of the iceberg. It seems your brother hasn't told you how he helped me kill Hajime. Fei was just collateral damage."

(seven years ago)

"A...letter?" I frowned at the contents.

My sister Himari looked up from her breakfast. "Whose it from? The envelope is really fancy. Is it one of our associates?"

The letter dropped from my hands, my breath starting to become ragged. "She's getting married."

"Who?"

"My girl...or ex girlfriend." I picked up the letter and showed Himari.

"Satoru, you haven't been with her for four years. Why do you care so much?"

"This is a wedding invitation. Signed by (y/n) herself."

"Petty. I like it, Picasso." Himari held the letter. "Well I suppose you should go, seeing she invited you."

"But why?" I looked at her socials since I did follow her on a spam account. "There are so many photos of her and that...wait. Sukuna Hajime?"

I thought back to the pink-haired freak that would occasionally tutor her and would give me dirty looks. He was two years our senior and was majoring in astrophysics at the local university though he had recently graduated with high honors.

"So it seems he won in the end." I threw my phone on the couch nearby and collapsed onto it. "From what I remember, he always had a thing for her. Even when her and I were dating, he would still give her longing looks. I had heard from her cousin Choso that he was an honorable man, one worthy of his beloved cousin. Sakuna Hajime was everything I was not, and from I had investigated, he was always there for her."