[14] Three Lives Gone

How yall doing? Extra-long chapter ahead...here's some tissues.

Reader POV (7.5 years ago)

I stared anxiously at the test, praying that I would get the results I wanted. Hajime and I had been trying to conceive for so long, almost an entire two months! The test beeped and I started crying, holding the test dear to me.

"I have to tell Hajime." I knew he wasn't going to be home for a bit since he worked near the US Naval Base stationed in Tokyo. I wasn't sure what his job was, but he was a civilian with a high security clearance. I knew enough to not ask him about it since his line of work involved nuclear testing. I decided to do a classic method of putting a single bun in the oven.

When he got home, I hid the test in my pocket and greeted him at the door. "Hajime~"

He took off his coat and handed it to me to wash later, giving me a tired smile. "My love, you're awfully excited. What's up?"

"Nothing. Come on, I need your help with something-"

"(y/n). What am I smelling?" He sniffed the air and began running to the kitchen after removing his shoes. "My love, what is burning?!"

Shit. I forgot to turn off the oven.

He opened the oven and a cloud of smoke erupted out. "Quick! Open the windows!" With the possibility of the fire alarm going off averted, he grabbed tongs and pulled out the extremely burnt roll. "Really? All of that for this little...what is it even???"

"You can't tell?"

"My love, it's charred. What was it supposed to be???"

"It was supposed to be a bun..." I looked down at my fluffy slippers.

He threw the bun on the counter and hugged me. "My love, are you crazy? Why did you only put a single one in?"

"I don't know..."

"My love," He looked down at me. "As much as I love you, why would you only put a bun in an oven-"

I looked up at him as he slowly came to a realization. "Hajime?"

"Could it be possible?" He asked me gently. "Are we going to be parents?"

"Yes!" I handed him the test. "I found out an hour ago."

"Yess!!!!! We're going to be parents!!!" He quickly helped me up and spun me around, kissing me fiercely. "I love you so much, (nickname)."

Hajime was there for every single appointment and was sympathetic to my frequent mood swings as well as the morning sickness.

"Well Mrs. Sukuna," the OGBYN said with a smile. "Your children are healthy."

"Children? As in plural?" Hajime and I looked at each other in alarm.

She showed us her monitor. "It seems you're having twins. You can tell by the two separate spaces and I can hear two heartbeats, would you also like to hear?"

Sure enough, we heard two overlapping heartbeats. Hajime and I grew closer as we bought things for the nursery, me complaining to him why can't babies stay babies forever.

He was especially protective of me during the last few months of my pregnancy. He would let me go out obviously but only with trusted friends and family. Fei and I spent most of our time together as our parents watched over when Suguru or Hajime were busy.

On March 20th, the boys joined the world after a very intense labor process.

"Can we name the first one Ryomen and the last one Yuji?" I asked Hajime as I held the two most precious babies close to me.