[16] The Truth. NOW.

Double update!

Buckle up.

GETO SUGURU POV (one hour before)

"Wait, Kechizu had facts mixed up?" I looked at Nanami and Toji with confusion.

"(y/n) was in the hospital room with Hajime," Kento insisted. "She couldn't have been part of anything...and she was at home when the accident happened. I was in the car-"

"That I know," I gave him a cold look. "I still won't forgive you, Kento. But I have a child to look after, I can't be part of your drama-"

"But (y/n) needs to know the truth!" Toji interrupted. "I'm sorry, but she's been living a lie-"

"SO WHY HAVENT YOU TOLD HER THE FUCKING TRUTH!" I threw the cup I was holding down, the glass shattering. I took a deep breath. "Why is it so hard to tell her? You had over a year. You all are guilty, not as much as Satoru, but still guilty. You lied to my sister-in-law and to my nephews."

I gave Kento the dirtiest look. "I know you've been getting very close to her, the both of you. Her parents still text me occasionally and it's disgusting. You kiss her cheek, Toji, while knowing the truth. You take care of her children while you literally had their father's blood on your hands, Kento."

"We can't."

"Then you're dirty liars. I already have a taste for revenge, but I have Aiko to take care of. You are worthless." I couldn't shake the feeling of dread that was creeping up. "So why can't you tell her?"

"It's not my business, and I can't let her get hurt-" Toji began.

"But you're still banging her, probably. And she's going to be even more hurt. Toji, how the hell did you get dragged into this? Was this when Satoru called us all to Tokyo Metropolitan High?"

He nodded. "I'm too ashamed to tell her. But I...I fell in love with her. I can't tell her, there's no way to tell her without loosing her."

"So you're okay with lying to her face and banging her while knowing the truth? She's been a mess since he died and I only just accepted this. You're a selfish bastard, the both of you. None of you care about her. You only care about banging her. You don't give a fuck about those children either-"

"That's not true!" Kento smacked his hand down. "I would do anything for her!"

"Yet you can't tell her the truth! How can you call yourself a man?! Or a decent person!" I couldn't begin to form my anger into words. "You're both guilty."

"But you aren't perfect either," Kento snapped. "You're just as guilty as us for not telling her-"

He was cut off by me slapping his face. I stood up and slapped him again. "Tell me that again, Nanami Kento."

"Whoa, let's calm down-"

"Calm down?!! I've had to raise my child without her mother. I've lost my fucking wife, Toji. You of all people should know that pain. And to find out that my former best friends killed her! You're all a disposable and despicable lot. I only kept this a secret from her because I need to take care of my daughter." I grabbed my keys. "Now, this is how it's going to go. You two are getting in my car-NOW. It's time to tell her. No more secrets."

The ride to Choso's was tense and I knew that this had to be done. Choso must've been texted ahead of time because he was waiting for us outside his apartment complex. Eso waved to us in the window and went back.

"Is there anything we can do to change your mind?" Choso whispered. "You do understand if you tell her, we all loose her-"

"Not we," I corrected. "You guys. You honestly think I'm giving up? I'm not. I cannot stand to be around you, but because I respect my sister-in-law, I will tolerate you for now. Be lucky I'm not going right to the police! You know you could be arrested for assisting in murder, Choso?"

"But I can't get arrested! Who will take care of my brothers??!" Choso argued.

"And how will we go on if she's gone??!" Kento voiced.

"And what about the kids relationship with my son?"

"You should've thought about all of this before lying to her for a long time, almost one and a half years." I pulled up to the cafe where they were, after digging out their location from Choso.

They all looked at each other and I relished the fear in their eyes.

Are they really that fucking dumb to think that they could keep this from her? Goddamn, (y/n), you surrounded yourself with idiots.

I parked the car quickly when I saw Satoru on the ground. We all ran out and I couldn't help but blurt it out.

"(y/n)!! Get away from that murderer!"

I saw her reaction and even though it would be painful since I also heard how she was starting to forgive him for how he broke it off, this had to happen.

"What are you talking about...?" (y/n) looked at me with confusion but I could tell she had suspicions.

"Go ahead, Satoru! Tell her what what really happened to Hajime. And my wife."

She looked at Satoru and he was staring at the ground.

"What does he mean, Satoru? I only know you called the cops."

"And that's what he told you." I insisted. "Go ahead. Tell her the truth. Tell her who caused the accident."

"Satoru, what are they talking about?" She gripped his arm she was holding for stability since she got hit on the side, looking up at him.

"Not now. Not like this." Satoru put an arm around her and tried to lift her."Come on, (nickname). Let's go. The boys-"

"Satoru. Give me answers. Right now. Suguru would never lie to me."

Toji could see the anguish in her eyes, but he chose to remain silent. He too was guilty for knowing the truth and not being able to tell her-he was sworn to secrecy. But even he knew that Satoru and Choso were in the wrong, especially Satoru.

The rain began to pour more frequently as people ran to catch subways to go home and get out of the rain, the police sirens in the distance and the truck driver standing by, watching with confusion and slight interest.

"Well?" She at Satoru. "Tell me or I'm leaving. Right now. The cops are on their way."

"I did it." His voice was barely a whisper.

"Huh?"

He looked down at the ground and for the first time in my life, I saw him crying.

"Satoru, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Come on, you can tell me. I already know that you helped save his life, or tried to. You called the cops, there's nothing to be afraid of. Tell me." But I could tell there was hesitation in her voice.

"(y/n), I-"

"Fuck this. This is taking too long." I stormed over and picked her up. "Get away from him. (y/n), he's a killer!"

"No-"

What he said next absolutely destroyed her and I did not know just how it was going to change everything.

"I did it. I killed Hajime and Fei."

_______________

Ngl I was never fond of Gojo. He's the pretty boy with a punk attitude and god complex. Pissed me off. But Gojo-cat is cute so he gets a pass. Just not in this story🤪🤪🤪🤪