[13] Bonding

Holy shit...4 updates. Yall better not complain though🤡🤡🤡

Reader POV

I woke up feeling extremely relaxed. Toji had informed me last night that he and Kento would take all the boys out so Tsumiki and I could have bonding time.

The kitchen smelled amazing, Tsumiki serving up the most delicious and fluffy pancakes known to mankind. Her and I browsed through Kdramas to watch, eventually agreeing on Penthouse ( I do not own the rights to this kdrama nor do I want to, please don't sue me LOL). We laughed and joked about how weird boys were.

"Sooo..." I looked over at her. "I see you've been on your phone a lot since lunch. Whose the lucky guy?"

She dropped her phone onto the couch, crossed her arms, and looked away. "What are you talking about? I know no boys."

I snorted and tickled her. "Cmon, spill. I've been married, you know."

"Fine-but don't tell Dad or Megumi! Especially not my dad! He already told me he works out alot to intimidate my future boyfriend."

I believe that. Toji is the type to do that, especially since Tsumiki is his girl.

"Promise."

She showed me a picture of a rather cute boy wearing a sports uniform. "This is my classmate Kageyama Tobio. I...have a thing for him."

Not the Just Your Kohai dude. (Yes, if you read any of my Haikyuu fics, I am indeed the same mf who wrote Yandere JYK, Dangerous Love, etc. All recently taken down, maybe I'll put it back up someday ANYWAYS-)

I looked at her with a smile. "He seems decent. What is he going to study in college?"

"He said he wants to major in business administration. But can we please stop talking about this? I'm embarrassed!"

"Sure. But if you don't wear protection-"

"MOM!" Her hands flew to her mouth. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! It just slipped-"

"Tsumiki." I stopped her apologies and held her hand for a moment. "It's alright, it's only natural.  It's nothing to be ashamed of."

She stared at me. "I'm really sorry though. I didn't mean to make this awkward."

"Tsumiki, Megumi calls me Mom all the time. It's fine."

"But he's six, almost seven. I'm almost 18."

"Tsumiki, if you want to call me Mom, that's fine. But I also want you to remember I'm not your stepmother, not unless I happen to marry your father."

Her embarrassed face turned into a teasing one. "Oh? So you'd marry my dad?"

"Cheeky girl." I pinched her lightly and went back to watching our show, aware of her still leaning against me.

Everyone else came back around dinnertime, Ryomen proudly showing me his pet rock that he named Sadie after a dog he saw, Yuji naming his pet rock Jennifer Laurence, and Megumi naming his pet rock Yuta.

"Why Jennifer Laurence?" I asked Yuji as he washed his hands.

"She's pretty. I want to marry her."

I shrugged and was pleased to find a bracelet and necklace. "What's this?"

"It's a gift for you from us," Kento said with a smile. "To say thanks for everything."

"It's beautiful..." I gazed at the beautiful (color) pendant and the matching bracelet. Kento helped put the necklace on me while Toji helped with the bracelet.

"And that's not all." Toji led us all outside to a decorated outdoor area. "You two must've been wrapped up in a deep conversation or something because this took us an hour to make.

Outside were candles that led down to the dock, the family boat waiting. We all piled onto the boat and had dinner at sea, Kento surprising me by having a boating license. Once it began to get dark, we went back and I put the boys to bed, Toji following me as he also wanted to put Megumi to bed. We went back outside to go have some tea before bed, settling down on the outdoor couch.

"Thank you, Toji." I placed a kiss on his shoulder as all three boys were sleeping on my bed.

"Of course. You know Kento and I would do anything for you."

I leaned against him. "I know. I trust you two the most in the world, I love both of you."

"(y/n), I have a confession. I haven't been very honest with you." He looked down at me with emotions in his eyes that I could not understand.

"Okay...?"

"It's about a deep secret I've been keeping for a while now, and I think it's time to tell you."

Is he going to confess?

But before I could find out, the porch door opened and Kento came outside, giving Toji a look and then  sitting on the opposite side.

Did Kento do that on purpose? Was he trying to stop Toji from confessing? I knew Kento liked me, but never acted like this. It was like he was trying to prevent him from doing whatever.

I didn't get the chance to think about it more as my phone started ringing. "Suguru?"

Instantly, the two stopped giving each other glares and instead looked at me with panic.

"(y/n), who is it?" Toji asked me nervously.

"It's Geto Suguru, why? Do you know him?" I drew my attention back to my brother-in-law. "It's late, Suguru. You haven't reached out since the funeral...how have you been?"

"Cut the shit." He snapped. "You knew."

"Huh?"

"Don't play dumb with me, (y/n)! All along you knew the truth of Fei's death!! You were in the hospital room."

"What are you talking about? I was with Hajime. Fei was on the other side of the curtain."

"Sure. You know, I couldn't accept her death. So I hired someone to look into it. She and your husband were murdered. You're all a bunch of liars. Don't you ever ask to see me or my daughter again." The line went dead.

I tried to call him again, but the number kept going void, meaning he most likely blocked me.

"What was that all about?" I looked at the two. "It was my brother-in-law. I didn't know he was still looking into their deaths. He called me and I don't know who else a bunch of liars...what did I do??? Now I can't even see the last part of my sister that she left behind?" I began to break down.

Toji and Kento both shared a worried look and immediately hugged me.

"You did nothing wrong, (y/n). You never did anything wrong."

_________________

Here we go🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

No more updates, I've fed yall enough already. Hope you liked the update spam
lmao idk when this will happen again.