[18] Zenin Naoya

Reader POV

Tofu and I spent the week by ourselves and I appreciated my parents for taking the boys. I felt so broken by their betrayal that I could not face my children.

What if Gojo did something to the boys? I can't put them in another situation.

I knew I had feelings for Toji and Kento, but they instantly evaporated when I found out. What hurt most is that I knew if they had told me instead of hiding the truth, I would've forgiven them. But they chose to live a lie and let me lie to my sons.

I allowed myself into the deep bathtub, moaning at the feeling of floating. Lost in thought, I felt my hands move to my shoulders  as I gave myself a hug.

If they had just told me everything that happened, I would've been angry but I would've appreciated them for having the courage and respect to tell me.

But now? After finding out the truth, I could not even look at them. I had gone through the house and put the photo frames of Kento and I down and the only photo I did not remove was the one with me, Kento, Hajime, Suguru, and Satoru. That was the one photo I could not bring myself to remove.

My thoughts were disturbed by my phone ringing. I didn't recognize the called so I picked up. "Hello?"

"Is this Itadori (y/n)?" I didn't know who it was. "This is Zenin Naoya's office."

"Yes, how can I help you sir? How did you get my number?"

"Not important. I'm with Kord Industries and I need someone competent to secure the lines. We have an important meeting soon and we need you. I will have someone deliver the things to your house."

"Um-"

"Thank you, ma'am. Please enjoy the rest of your night."

An hour later I saw the asshole from the meeting, Naoya. He and I instantly didn't get along but if he was willing to pay me lots of money...

"Your hair is wet," he said with a frown. "Your parents never told you to dry it before you go out?"

"I'm at my doorstep, I'll be fine." I held the blanket around me. "What is the deal?"

"Can I come in? I can't have a big scene. This is...classified."

I allowed him and the three people with him inside, grilling them to take off their shoes since I had just cleaned.

They all removed the technology in the downstairs area, setting up white noise speakers everywhere else.

Naoya sat down on my couch. "Here's the deal. The Royal Family instructed Kord Industries to build some new weapons as well as civilian technology for infrastructure or whatever. I need you to secure any and all lines directly to their castle. We will also have to run a background check on you and your friends and family."

"Why me?"

"Nanami Kento said you're one of the best. Besides, you've worked with the US governments before, right? You're perfect for the job."

"What's the catch?"

"You'd have to be relocated. We cannot tell you where, but your boys will be taken care of. You will be with them but they will go to a special school designated for these sorts of missions. Nothing out of the ordinary, and there are a few civilian children there. You may know of my nieces Mai and Maki Zenin."

"Toji mentioned them."

"Ok, that's fine. But-"

"No," I said. "My boys will stay at home with me. Whatever you need me to do, you can wait."

"I'm sorry, but I cannot. Besides, do you really want your boys in a classroom with someone that murdered their family?"

Not really, he has a point.

"When would we move?"

"Tonight." Naoya's men began to grab certain things. "We've already sent notice to your work and family that you will be overseas. The boys and yourself will have to be drugged so you don't know the location of-"

"Absolutely not!" I yelled. "You're not putting my boys on anything-"

"It's for security reasons." He motioned for his men to restrain me. "If there was any other way, we would do that. But this is highly classified, ma'am."

The last thing I saw was Naoya gently lowering me onto the couch and yelling at his men to hurry up.

________________

"Nom nom?" Yuji waved his hands in my face and Ryomen wiping cheeto dust on his brother's forehead like Simba from that one movie.

"What the...?"

"Good morning ma'am," I looked over to the other side of what I assumed was a plane. "We will be landing in two hours, please make yourself comfortable."

I didn't fail to notice the gun he had in his hands. "Is that really necessary?"

"It's not loaded, ma'am." I turned and saw Naoya who was eating cheetoes and sharing with the boys. "Your sons insisted on seeing it. The cartridge is in my pocket."

I still wasn't so sure but shrugged anyway. My boys clung to my side.

"Guess what, Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"We get to go on vacation!" Yuji screamed with excitement. "Mister Nice Guy said we also get to meet new friends. I want to tell them alllll about Jennifer Laurence!"

I held them close to me and gave Naoya a sided look. "Is that what he said, sweetie?"

"Yes," Ryomen said. "But why can't Mister Toji and his family join? I miss Megumi."

I shared a look of mutual disgust with Naoya. "It's because Toji is...busy." I didn't want to involve them in the adult things, they were still children above all else.

Ryomen blew a raspberry and went back to stealing cheetoes from Naoya. "Mommy, you should marry this guy. He gives us snackies!"

Naoya chuckled in amusement with me. "I'm afraid your mother would punch me if I tried."

"Yeah!" Yuji smiled. "She's super pretty so she can't get with someone who looks like Santa!"

I couldn't hold back my laughter at his comment. "Yuyu? Don't be rude to Mister Nice Guy, it's because of him that we get to go on a vacation."

Once the boys went to go explore the rest of the plane, I grabbed Naoya by the collar.

"Just so you know, if I ever find you hurting me or my children, I will personally rip off your dick and shove it up your ass."

"Wouldn't dream of it, ma'am."