Unwanted

Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew had been worried about Jayn's withdrawal and decided to take action. They sat down with Jayn's parents and expressed their concerns.

"Jayn needs more attention and love," Aunt Choo said gently. "She's feeling neglected and alone. She's stopped playing and laughing, and it's breaking our hearts to see her like this."

"But we're doing the best we can," Jayn's mother replied defensively. "Jayn is just shy, that's all. She'll grow out of it."

"That's not true, and you know it," Uncle Chew said firmly but kindly. "Jayn is a bright and curious child, and she needs stimulation and attention. She's not getting that from you, and it's affecting her deeply."

Jayn's father shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "We'll try to do better," he said gruffly. "But can't you just take her for a while? We need a break."

Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew exchanged a look, and then nodded in unison. "Of course," Aunt Choo said. "We'll take good care of her. But you need to understand, this isn't just about giving you a break. This is about giving Jayn the love and attention she needs to thrive."

As they discussed the details of Jayn's stay, Jayn's parents seemed relieved to be handing over responsibility for their daughter's care. Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew, on the other hand, were determined to make the most of their time with Jayn and give her the love and attention she so desperately needed.

As Jayn settled into Aunt Choo's house, she felt a mix of emotions. On the one hand, she was grateful to be away from her parents' neglect and to have a warm and loving home with Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew. On the other hand, she couldn't shake off the feeling that she was being abandoned, that she was the unwanted one.

"Why did mommy and daddy send me away?" Jayn asked Aunt Choo one day, her voice trembling.

Aunt Choo hugged her tightly. "Oh, Jayn, it's not because you're not loved or wanted. Your parents are just struggling to take care of you right now. They need some help, and we're happy to provide it."

But Jayn wasn't convinced. She felt like she was a burden, like she was being passed from one family to another because no one really wanted her.

As the days went by, Jayn struggled to adjust to her new life. She felt like an outsider, like she didn't quite belong. She missed her parents, despite their neglect, and she felt guilty for leaving them behind.

Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew tried their best to reassure her, but Jayn couldn't shake off the feeling of abandonment. She felt like she was living in limbo, like she was stuck between two worlds and didn't belong in either one.

One day, while playing with blocks, Jayn broke down in tears. "I want mommy and daddy!"

Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew exchanged a worried glance. They knew that Jayn's feelings of abandonment were deep-seated, and they needed to address them head-on.

"Jayn, we're here for you," Aunt Choo said, hugging her tightly. "We want you here with us and we love you."

But Jayn just cried harder, feeling like she was stuck in a never-ending cycle of neglect and abandonment. She didn't know how to break free, or how to believe that she was truly loved and wanted.