Back Home

Jayn continued to live with Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew for the rest of the year. She had grown attached to them and her cousins, and they had become her surrogate family. She thrived in their loving environment, and her smile and laughter returned.

But as November approached, Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew knew it was time for Jayn to return to her parents' house. She would be starting kindergarten in January, and it was important for her to settle back into her home routine before starting school.

Jayn was excited to see her parents and younger brother, Danny, again, but she was also nervous. She had grown used to the stability and love of Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew's home, and she wasn't sure what to expect from her parents.

As soon as she arrived, Jayn realised that things have changed. Danny, who was now over a year old, was babbling and taking his first steps, and her parents were obsessed with his every move. Jayn felt like an outsider, and she didn't like the changes.

"Danny, come here! Mama wants to give you a hug!" her mother cooed, ignoring Jayn's presence.

Jayn felt a pang of jealousy and walked away, feeling unwanted.

As the days went by, Jayn became more and more withdrawn. She didn't like the noise and chaos of her parents' house, and she missed the peace and quiet of Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew's home. She began to spend more and more time alone in her room, playing with her toys and avoiding her parents and Danny.

One day, Danny toddled into her room, babbling and reaching for her toys. Jayn glared at him and tried to shoo him away.

"Go away, Danny! Those are mine!"

Danny just giggled and kept reaching, and Jayn's frustration boiled over. She pushed him away, and he fell on his bottom, crying.

"Jayn, what did you do that for?" her mother scolded, rushing into the room.

"He was touching my things!" Jayn protested.

"Well, you need to share with your brother," her mother said sternly.

Jayn crossed her arms and pouted, feeling angry and resentful.

As January approached, Jayn's anxiety about starting kindergarten grew. She didn't want to leave her parents' house, and she didn't want to be around all those new people and noises. She began to act out, throwing tantrums and refusing to listen to her parents, just to try and cope with her feelings.

But her parents didn't understand, and they just scolded her and sent her to her room. Jayn felt like she was all alone, and she didn't know how to make it better. She just wanted to go back to Aunt Choo and Uncle Chew's house, where she felt safe and loved.

As she walked into her new classroom on her first day of kindergarten, Jayn felt like she was walking into a nightmare. The noise and chaos were overwhelming, and she just wanted to hide. She didn't know how she was going to make it through this new chapter in her life.

"QUIET! SIT DOWN! AND LISTEN!" the teacher shouted, glaring at the students. "We will have no disruptions in this classroom!"

Jayn felt a surge of fear and quickly found a seat, trying to make herself as small as possible. She didn't like this teacher, and she didn't like this classroom. She just wanted to go home.