Prologue

Three centuries ago

Panting heavily, fear and anticipation danced on their faces as they ran away from the uproar. Dozens of hunters followed close behind, shooting poison-coated arrows and bullets. All in the name of greed. In the name of destruction.

Neri and her sister, Era, ran frantically away from the danger that pursued them. How could he have let this happen? How could he expose their secret to them? And for what? Love? Neri knew that love would have been their downfall. Due to that horrendous emotion, the source of their powers was now lost and they were hunted like monsters.

Neri looked behind her as her eldest sibling struggled to keep up. Much stronger but not faster. Turning around, Era conjured up a strong gust of wind, sweeping at least six hunters into the air and carrying them far away, just as a shot zoomed past her head, hitting a nearby tree.

Neri could see the mystical flames decorating the skies in the distance. She knew her warriors were fighting for their lives. Fighting to protect her. Fighting to protect Aurelia from this horrible invasion. But would they be strong enough to defeat them? Would they be strong enough to save Aurelia?

There was a shift in the darkness and heavy footsteps. Soon enough, Neri and Era came to a halt staring at the hunters that blocked their path. Calling on the energies of the sea and power that raged inside of her, Neri allowed her body to be lit ablaze and her deadly melody to escape. Raising her hands, she forced her mystical fire onto the hunters, crippling them with her song of destruction. Eyes, popping out of their sockets, blood gushing from their ears and best of all, cries of agony erupted from the group.

Beside her, Era used her powers to control the wind, spreading the fire far and wide, and sending oncoming hunters running. With her slender, swift fingers, she allowed the wind to fight for her, snatching weapons right out of hunters' hands, uprooting them mid-run, slamming them into trees and the dirt, knocking them unconscious with her power and ferocity.

As the hunters fought against the wind and briskly attempted to out themselves, Neri turned to her sister, eyes full of panic, " We have to get out of here!"

"Don't you think I know that?!" Era shouted as the herd of hunters slowly grew larger. "Go! Run! Get to Blue Land where you would be safe, I'll hold them off!"

"I can't leave you!" Tears welled in Neri's eyes as she defied her sister's wishes.

"You have to! Get to Blue Land and save yourself!"

"But-"

"Go!"

With that last command, Neri sped to Blue Land, blasting hunters left and right. Almost blinded by the tears streaming down her face, Neri allowed her instincts to take over. Foot pounding the dirt, she finally broke out of the forest and onto the beach. Bright violet flames flashed here, red flames sparked there and siren songs filled the air.

Breathing sporadically, her heart tried to pound its way out of her chest. Neri looked left and right as bodies fell. Some were vile hunters, others, her loyal knights. Her body shook violently as her mind went into a frenzy. She didn't know what to do or who to save. She knew she couldn't save them all even though she desperately wanted to. She was confused and the bright flames, violent songs, and terrifying battle cries made her disoriented.

Then she felt a light breeze. Swirling around her, it invaded her space, her thick hair, and most importantly her mind. 'I will always be with you,' it whispered, calming her. It was her sister with a message. A message that she desperately needed. Taking a deep breath, Neri closed her eyes. Releasing it, she allowed the vengeance and anger to take over. Her body burned violet, deadly flames and her throat readied itself for mass destruction.