Chapter 5

There once was a time, when Xavier would do anything to be a part of the ocean. Since he was a child, all he ever wanted was to be here, in the ocean, his place of peace.

Now, it was his place of torture. 

He dreaded the sight, the sound, the scent. She was a manipulative and evil mistress. As she held control of his body and left him a prisoner in his mind, he watched as she wreaked havoc on the people around him. 

He didn't want to be in the middle of a relationship.

Sure it started as a simple crush. But when he found out about her pre-existing relationship, he backed off. But the cruel mistress knew what she wanted, and more importantly, who she wanted. 

He never wanted to play this part.

But that was the downside of being made a charm hate-feeder. She gave you those powers and so, she had control over it. You were nothing but a vessel for her vindictive plans.

After the events that transpired earlier, Xavier did some damage control and went straight to the ocean to regain his strength. As he renewed his powers in the healing waters, she thanked him for a job well done. She reminded him that his sacrifice of character was for the greater good. She reminded him that this was bigger than him.

'Now that his powers have awakened, her's soon will follow,' she whispered, as she slowly renounced her control.

"Does this mean I'm done being the bad guy?"

'You were never the bad guy. You did nothing wrong,' She reasoned. Her silhouette found a place in front of him in the depths.

"I ruined a relationship."

'One that would have never lasted,' she scoffed, 'They're teenagers, forever only lasts four months.'

"Can I leave now?" He whispered.

'Your powers have been renewed, you're free to go,' There was a smile in her voice. 'Someone's waiting for you on the shore, I think you know what to do.'

"Please don't make me do this," Xavier begged. He instantly felt the water filling his lungs, his head throbbing intensely. His vision became blurred and his body burned like it had been lit ablaze.

'You will do as I say!' Her voice boomed in his mind. He had no choice but to surrender. As she released him from the pain, she too vanished, and he was met with the surrounding creatures. Feeling restored, yet defeated, he swam to the surface.

Xavier was greeted by the night sky as he emerged from the water. Scanning his surroundings, he lowered himself back into the water. He couldn't leave quite yet, because as the ocean had suggested, he wasn't alone. Though he wanted to submerge himself in the water and swim to the shores near his house, she held him right there, for she had a plan.

Cold sat on the shore as the water massaged her feet. She remained there for hours and so, had he.  He didn't want to raise suspicion by emerging in the dead of night. Luckily, he didn't mind staying in the water. He liked seeing her in her element. This was the one place he ever saw her at peace and he liked that.

Her eyes moved with the waves and she shuddered in the cold midnight breeze. Then her lips began moving.

"I wish you were here," She sighed, "I really miss you, Jason. Why did you have to leave? I didn't want you to leave," Cold cried. The name Jason rang a bell in Xavier's mind. If he could recall correctly, Jason was her best friend, who was met with a tragic faith at an early age.

"Nate isn't speaking to me. I had that coming. I should have said something sooner," She sighed, "He was so angry when I told him about Brie this afternoon. I can't believe he kicked me out of his house."