Five

"Taylor?" He says. "I need to talk to you." I say. "About what? We haven't talked in months." He says. " I know but it's important, and I would rather tell you in person." I say. "Could you come to New York?" I say. "Sure everything alright?" He says. "Yeah id just rather discuss it in person." I say. "Okay." He says.

"I'll talk with Tree and get a flight arranged." I say. "Alright." He says. "What are you doing?" I say. "I'm getting settled at the new house." He says. "Oh I remember you telling me about that." I say. "How have you been?" He says. "Good." I say. "Well I uh have got to go." He says as I hear his front door open. "Okay." I say. "Bye." He says. "Goodbye." I say.

I set my phone down on the counter. At least I called him right? He will be in New York tomorrow, which means I won't have to live with this feeling of loneliness for much longer. Who knows maybe we can work things out for the baby, and actually give us as a couple a chance this time.

I wake up the next morning and get ready. Tree had made me a doctors appointment for tomorrow. So if Travis is supportive of this he will be able to attend it with me. I just wear a baggy t shirt and a pair of jeans. I hear a knock at the front door. That must me him.

I go to the door and open it. "Hi." I say. "Hey." He says.  "So um I made lunch." I say and he nods. "Thank you." He says and I nod. "So what did you want to talk about?" He says sitting down at the table. "About that." I say. "So I um, I'm pregnant." I say and he just looks at me. "Is it mine?" He says and I not. "Fuck Taylor." He says.

"I'm keeping it, I just wanted you to know." I say. "I wanted to give you a chance to be in the baby's life." I say. "This is a lot to take in." He says and I nod. "Can I have a second?" He says and I nod. He gets up and goes to a different room. "You okay?" I say as he comes back in. "Yeah." He says rubbing his forehead

"So what does this mean for you and Joe?" He says. "We um aren't together anymore. We broke up right before I found out." I say. "Oh I'm sorry." He says. "It's fine." I say. "I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow if you would want to come. I'm not sure if they will let anyone in because of quarantine though." I say.

"I'd love to." He says. "What does this mean for us, you know." I say. "I don't know." He says. "There's a lot to take in. We will figure it out though, at least I hope so." He says and I nod. "Good." I say.

"I can try to visit Kansas City a few times a month. Update you on doctors appointments and such." I say. "I'll have to talk to Kayla." He says. "Kayla?" I say. "She's my girlfriend." He says and I nod. "Oh okay." I say. "Wait where you wanted me to come here to try to get with me?" He says.

"Not necessarily." I say. "I just want our baby to have both of their parents together." I say. "I grew up with divorced parents and I am perfectly fine." He says. "I know but-." I say but he cuts me off.

"You know I don't know why I came here in the first place." He says. "What?" I say tears forming in my eyes. "I thought I could see you again but I can't." He says. "I'll be in the babies life, but that doesn't mean I want to be in yours." He says. That one hurt.

"Leave." I say. "Wait Taylor, I didn't mean it." He says. "You just said it! So evidently you did! I don't know why I called you. I can just raise the baby on my own. I don't know why I asked for your help in the first place. "Taylor I-." He says.

"No. Just stop." I say. "Alright." He says. "I'll see you in a few months I guess." He says. "Guess so." I say.