Seven

Hazel has to stay in the nicu for a few months since she was born early. I get to leave the hospital today, and Travis has extended his stay since practices got cancelled because of corona. "You got it?" Travis says as i walk into the house. "Yeah." I say and he nods. "I'll get a few things and we can go back to the hospital later to see her." I say.

"Don't you think that you need to rest?" He says and I shrug. "I'm fine." I say. "Taylor you just had a baby." He says. "I know that I'm not stupid." I say. "You realize I can't have sex for 6 weeks?" I say quietly as I sit down on the couch. "What?" He says confused. "Why would I care about that?" He says. "I just thought it would be useful information for you to know." I say.

"When did you find out that you were pregnant?" He says. "Middle of March. Why?" I say. "She doesn't look like me." Travis says. "Mom says she's my twin." I say laughing. "She's not mine Taylor." He says which catches me off guard. "What do you mean?" I say. "She doesn't even resemble me, she has reddish brown hair that reminds me of your dad's not mine." He says. "Travis she's yours." I say.

"How do I know that?" He says which angers me even more. "Want me to give her a fucking paternity test?" I say and he nods. "God Travis you can be so fucking stupid sometimes." I say. "I'm not to one who was sleeping around with other men." He says. "I wasn't!? I hadn't slept with Joe in months!" I yell at him. "Oh whatever you say." He says.

"God Travis, can you just be happy for once!?" I say. "Not when I'm being lied to." He says. "No one is lying to you!" I say. "You're being an asshole." I say. "You know what? I'd rather be an asshole than stand around here and deal with this." He says. "What so now you're going to leave? Have your child grow up without a father?" I say. "Call me when the test results come in." He says getting up and walking to the door. "No wonder we didn't work out. You are an absolutely horrible man." I say.

"And you're a slut of a woman. I guess we don't fit perfectly together after all." He says walking out and shutting the door. "Fuck!" I yell. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I scream. How could I do this? All alone? Hazel is going to not have a father figure in the home. Travis just walked out on me. On us. How could he fuck up this much?

If a paternity test is all I have to do for Hazel to have her parents come together for her. Then I will. She doesn't deserve this shit she was just born into. The cruel world that she lives in now. She's not safe anymore like she was in my womb.

I grab my phone and call the hospital, requesting a paternity test for the sake of it. They approve it and say the results will be back in the morning. I don't think I could stand going back to that place right now,I'll go visit her in the morning. Right now I have my own things to deal with.

I wake up, and get ready. I have my drivers drive me to the hospital. "Hazel Nolan Swift please." I say as the Nurse asks me who i am here to visit. "Okay right this way." She says. "Hi little monkey." I say as I sit beside the machine she is in. "Will her father be joining us?" The nurse says and I shake my head. "No. Not today." I say and she nods.

"We have the results of the paternity test." She says, and I nod. She reads off tons of important information, but I just can't seem to listen to it. When she finally gets to the test results it feels like my heart completely stops. "For female, Hazel Nolan Swift. It shows that male Travis Michael Kielce is her father."