Wistful Wandering

Right before the western exit of the town was a woman. She was a photographer who carried the blood of the ancient Diamond clan from Sinnohite antiquity. Beside her was a growlithe from the time period, where could she have found it? What quest could she be undertaking?

Juliana doesn't know because she completely fails to notice the woman, passing by her as she makes her way west.

Kitakami's apple orchards were a staple of not just its economy, but its identity. Alongside its rice fields, Kitakamite (or was it Kitakamese? Juliana couldn't tell, she should probably ask Kieran) apples were desired all over the world. Sure they weren't the shiniest, biggest, or chunkiest, but they were high ranking in all three of those categories and thus made them overall one of the finest apples. And unlike other delicious apples of the same caliber, Kitakamite apples were pretty affordable, like any regular apple. There was no secret ingredient or super process to the quality of Kitakamite apples. All of its quality came from the robust diligence of the people who worked in the orchards. It was as simple as that.

Juliana walked through Mossui's orchard just west of the town. Where she saw locals young and old alike assessing some of the apples. She watches as a grandma and her young grandson were out picking some apples, likely a kind that was best picked during the season. Many pokemon lived in the orchards as well, cooperating with the humans in mutualistic coexistence.

She was considering riding miraidon, but with the sights to see and the raw nature to take in, she decided to just take her time. She waved hi to the people, and they were all so cheery as they waved back. It was a quiet and peaceful existence here, she could see why people such as Carmine would be averse to letting outsiders like her in. She didn't agree with such a sentiment, but she could see why those concerns would exist in the first place.

Soon she would find herself at a fork with two signboards, one pointing to the left and another to the right. The problem? They were in Kitakamite script, meaning she couldn't read them at all. Juliana scratched her head, she didn't think Kieran would be this far ahead. She had to make a choice, left or right? She'd try the map app on her phone but the signal was poor unlike earlier and thus she couldn't get her location. Darn. She picks a gimmighoul coin from her bag and flips it. If it landed on heads, marked by the inscription of a little gimmighoul, she would go left. If it landed on tails, marked by the inscription of a pokeball, she would go right.

She catches it and places it on the back of her left hand. It landed on heads. Left road it is!

Juliana made her way down into the wilderness, unknowingly moving further and further away from the plaza where she was supposed to go, instead trekking further down into the western parts where only more pokemon awaited her rather than her field trip buddy.

Moving along wasn't so hard. She gallivanted for what seemed like hours, finding all sorts of new pokemon which chirped at her or ran away. Floragato couldn't help himself and clashed with a pokemon called mienshao. Juliana would try to catch one but they were elusive, in fact, she couldn't catch a single pokemon. It seemed they all had something else going on in mind, or maybe it's because floragato kept kicking ass. Maybe she should teach floragato false swipe, assuming he could even learn it.

She had a small picnic in a lake nearby and she tried to contact some people overseas but unfortunately she didn't have Professor Clavell's luck. So alas she was stuck here all alone. She wondered how her mom was doing. She'd recently found herself a new profession, something to get her out of the house, and that was as a daycare lady. The daycare she was part of was a cooperative she had with some friends of hers. It wasn't just a daycare though, it doubled as a couple other things, such as rehabilitating injured pokemon and either reintroducing them back into the wild or perhaps finding them a caring trainer to be partners with.