Chapter Five: A Vision

Everything slowly darkened into a dark and mysterious field in the Forgotten Fields. Dark thunderclouds swirled in the sky, making it darker than usual. The dark clouds were blocking out the moon and the stars from sight, as if everyone was in a darker than a dark cave at midnight.
Through the sparse canopy of leaves, a faint light of the hidden moon shone through the trees. Not a single sound could be heard from the undergrowth. The trees were extremely still and not a single rustle from the still wind could be heard.
But in the center of the trail was none other than Linda Chanda.
Linda looked around with wary curiosity, her eyes flicking back and forth as she gazed at the ominous field. Wind ran through her hair. The skies remained dark without a trace of the moon or the stars. But when she looked down, Linda suddenly felt the ground trembling slightly with surprising strength. Linda's eyes widened with horrified fear.
Linda started running away from the unknown horse. But the galloping had started to sound louder and louder. Like thunder. It was like all of the field were holding their breath. After a while, Linda saw a faint orange glow in the distance.
And by that moment, Linda tripped and fell over an unseen and unknown object, a startled cry could heard in the wind.
But, instead of being run over, a shadowy figure of a horse jumped over Linda without landing a single hit on her by accident.
Linda turned to look at the other side as the horse landed gracefully. But it seemingly disappeared in the depths of the shadows once again. The forest had opened up to a clearing in Greendale. Standing in the circle of trees was a single horse. The mare's coat is black as a starless night sky, though her mane and tail seemed to be set ablaze with fire as well her hooves that was aflame and her bright amber eyes glowed while letting a pair of fiery green smoke into the air.
"Soul Rider of the Moon." A strong, feminine voice was soon heard. The voice is clearly a female and sounded human, but inhuman at the same time. 
Linda gasped at the sight. She recognized the Whinfell mare in an instant. The mare was Galloper Thompson's mare, Morrigan.
"Find her." Morrigan whinnied and scrapped her fiery hoof against the earth. "Find her. My rider needs to see her."
Linda spun around, while Morrigan followed her gaze. A light sprinkle of rain poured down from the stormy skies. Dark storm clouds swirled in the sky, rumbling with powerful thunder overhead. The dark clouds were making way for the moon and the stars.
Though standing there on the field, was another black Shire horse. And, on the horse's back, was a rider, draped in a long, black cloak, sitting astride the horse and watching her. It was as if she was racing the wind. She jumped from hill to hill, jumped over some boulders, and galloped through the field gracefully. 
Both of their secretive blue eyes shone like a pair of mysterious moons as they gazed at Linda and Morrigan. The black Shire soon reared and let out a shrill whinny. Thunder crashed overhead, ripping across the sky from horizon to horizon, and Linda breathed quietly in the scent of fresh rain.
The rider locked eyes with Linda. Her eyes, which were almost hidden by the hood of her black cloak, Linda couldn't tell what the rider was thinking as she gazed at her. Her eyes were unpredictable as the moon overhead.
But everything changed all at once, the thunderstorm had suddenly came to life. The moonlight glowed behind the two partners and their eyes were illuminated by the mix moonlight and lightning. A heavy gust of wind tore through the forest, driving wind and rain towards Linda's location.
Linda soon woke up with a start from her window seat, gasping for breath.
She shook her head and sat up from her window seat. Her cushioned window seat is surrounded by her books. Her books were all over her bedroom. The books were either in stacks or by itself on the floor desk. Though, some of the book stacks seemed ready to fall by the slightest movement. A few notebooks and a few papers were all over the place too, one could see some quick notes have been written down by Linda before she had fell asleep.
Linda sighed with a dryly amused smile. She started cleaning up her room, but she kept some of her books and notes out. Misty woke up from her cushion and started watching her owner cleaning up her room. But she jumped in place when she heard a strong sound of thunder from outside.
Linda glanced at her window to see the makings of a cloudy day entering the sky. Linda frowned at the sight, a sense of forebode entered the air. But she knew what she had to do.