Chapter 1

Sitting at the corner table in the town's most famous café with her friends, Amber is deeply wondering and partially listening to her friend's gossip.

Amber García is a common high school child in the town known as Cape May. She is the daughter of the town's inspector Henry García, and her mother Lauren García is a surgeon in the local hospital. Since her childhood, watching her dad solve mysteries, she has always wanted to become a detective and enjoy the thrill of investigating.

'Are you going to stare at the TV forever?' asked Carol Lee, her best friend since kindergarten. Her Asian neighbour who lives four doors across from hers.

'she's going to not look at the TV until we switch it off' said Mia Martin with a sniff. Her other friend, who is not as close as Carol, but still is considered as a good friend.

Amber replied in a worried tone, 'No, yeah sorry but look it's been a week since Emily Anderson went missing and the whole town is acting as if nothing happened.'

'Well there is no more bullying at school' said Mia with a grin on her face. 'blah blah blah, you're telling as if she ever bullied you, Mia'

Amber said looking at her mom's text on her new phone which she was gifted by her uncle John on her birthday, 'You both continue your debate about Emily and tell me tomorrow who won.' 'haaaaahaahaha' Carol laughed sarcastically. 'Whatever, I got to run, my mom just texted me.' Amber continued, ignoring Carol's laugh. She picked up her small yellow Adidas bag and exited the café. 

On her walk back to home, her mind was full of Emily and she didn't know why she cared so much about her disappearance.

 She reached her house after a long walk. She stopped in front of her gate processing what she had just seen on her porch!