Chapter Five: More Baby News

9 September 2014

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child.

Her Majesty the Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news. 

The Duchess is experiencing hyperemesis gravidarum, just like she did with her previous pregnancy. The Duke of Cambridge and Her Royal Highness will not be traveling together to Oxford for their scheduled engagement today. At Kensington Palace, medical professionals are attending to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kensington Palace

- - - 

9 September 2014 - York House 

"What foolishness," Albert exclaimed, shaking his head and switching off the TV. He was never going to understand why media outlets made an effort pit them against one another.

With today's latest news announcement, William and Catherine had to announce their pregnancy due to Catherine yet again experiencing Hyperemesis Gravidarum which had also affected her when she was pregnant with George. 

Some speculated that William and Catherine had announced the news to spite Albert and Elena because they were afraid they would become more well-known, rather than concentrating on the happiness that the family was expecting two infants the next year.

The media and people around the world that were fans of the royal family were even suggesting that Elena was pregnant during her wedding. 

Even though it had been three months after their wedding, the media had predicted that the news was announced rather quickly.

It was royal custom to hold off on making an announcement until the expectant mother had progressed to the second trimester.

"What are they implying now?" Elena asked as she stood at their living room's doorway.

She tried her best to disregard anything the media stated about them, believing that it was better to remain silent when there wasn't much truth to it.

"Just that you were pregnant before we got married so our baby won't be considered legitimate in the eyes of the church and that Catherine is envious of us so that's what made her announce her pregnancy right after ours." Albert stated that he wasn't sure if he should find the media's commentary amusing.

People's belief that they could tell them how to feel was ridiculous because they had no idea what was happening behind these walls.

What the media didn't know was that Catherine would have wanted to delay announcing her pregnancy until she felt ready to do so. 

If Albert recalled correctly, her baby was due around the end of April, which was two months after the birth of Albert and Elena's own child.

"What nonsense, our child was conceived after our wedding and around our honeymoon." Elena scoffed.

Everything was just as peaceful as it could be right now; the Avondales and the Cambridges got along perfectly, and nothing would ever alter that for them.

- - - 

Harry tightened his lips as the news broke around the globe. He couldn't understand why William and Albert had hurt him once again; they had to know just how hard he had worked to create the Invictus games. 

Harry has always been a bit envious of William and Albert, they always had to one up him in life. Harry was jealous that William and Albert had what he most wanted in life... love & marriage.

Harry has always had a close relationship with Catherine, they have always been the best of friends during William and Catherine's relationship. But Elena on the other hand Harry couldn't seem to like her as much, in Harry's mind Elena didn't seem to be the right match for his younger brother Albert. 

Harry thought that Elena was marrying Albert for all the wrong reasons such as, that she truly didn't love Albert like she claimed she did, that she only married him for the royal lifestyle and not for love, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. 

Everyone in the royal family, the media, and people around the world could truly see that Albert and Elena were truly in love, they have faced much ups and downs as a couple throughout their relationship, the only person who had doubts was Harry. 

The Invictus Games should have been at the center of the spotlight, not the two royal pregnancies that battled for media attention and one of which would pushed him further down in the line of succession.

The one positive side in his point of view was that, when compared to his future children, Albert and Elena's children could never hold a title higher than Lord or Lady, which amused Harry very much. 

His children would automatically become Prince or Princess upon the accession of his father, even if Queen Elizabeth did not alter the laws as she had done for William and Catherine's children so that they may all use Prince or Princess.

Na matter what the future would hold Albert's children would always have to bow to his future children, who would always be above him. This was reason enough for him to smile.

He had been infuriated that Albert, rather than telling him directly, had received word of Elena and Albert's pregnancy through his private secretary prior to the official announcement.

Harry had been going through his own problems when he and Cressida relationship had come to an end, and he didn't want to be around anyone at that time.

Similar to Chelsy, she was unable to cope with the whispers in the media about them; she had declined his marriage proposal and had shown her dismay at it.

It was embarrassing, and Harry couldn't figure out why, despite his willingness to go to any lengths to keep them safe, Cressida and Chelsy had rejected his proposal of marriage so quickly.

As the news began to play, he began to look at the pictures from William and Albert's weddings. He was certain that his would be even more spectacular than theirs, that he would meet a woman who would be more radiant than his brothers.

With this feeling of happiness growing within him he had a feeling that the love of his life would soon enter his life; he had a feeling that the next woman that his was to meet would be the one, his future wife. 

- - - 

The Battle of The Two Dukedoms 

With recent news of the Duke and Duchess of Avondale expecting their first child together brought happiness around the world as well in the Royal Family. 

That was until more news within the royal walls broke that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child together, expanding their little family from three to four. 

Four days after the Duke and Duchess of Avondale announced their pregnancy on the 9 of September the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had announced their pregnancy which may have caused a royal rift in the family. 

Is there some competition going on between the two Dukedoms? Is there some feud between the two royal couples going on that we are unaware of?  Is it a battle between the Duchesses or are we misreading everything...

I guess we will never know, but one thing we know for sure is that the future of the royal family is growing. 

The Daily Mail UK