Chapter Eight: Merry Christmas

December 25th 2014 - Sandringham House

The family had gathered around at Sandringham House for Christmas this year. This would also be the first time that the family would be reunited with Harry since he left for rehab. 

"Harry, it's good to see you." Albert said walking up to his older brother. Harry looked healthier. It looked like rehab was really helping him this time around. 

The two brothers embracing in a hug. Elena standing behind her husband waiting to greet Harry. Elena moves forward to greet her brother-in-law. "It's great to see you Harry, you look really well." Elena said to her brother-in-law, "Thank you Elena." The two embrace in a friendly hug. 

Despite all the therapy that comes along with rehab, and all the talks he would of had about his family, especially his sister-in-laws. 

Harry loved Catherine like she was his own sister, the two had a bond that Harry would hope would never be broken. But when it came to Elena, Harry did not like her. 

He always had an off feeling about his sister-in-law. Harry seemed to think that she's just using Albert and the royal family, for fame and fortune. 

Harry was the only member of the family that had a issue with Elena. Everyone else could see that Elena and Albert were meant to be together and that they loved each other, Elena had been through some much just to be with Albert, just like what Catherine had gone through. 

Everyone didn't understand Harry's issues with Elena. Harry only puts up with her because she is his younger brother's wife. 

"So how are you guys? Any ideas of what gender the baby will be?" Harry asked not wanting to make this more awkward than it already was.

"We're waiting to find out once we give birth. It keeps it more exciting for us." Albert told his older brother. Albert still couldn't believe that he was about to become a father. He's always wanted to be a father and the fact that he was going to have children with the woman of his dreams.

"Well I can't wait to see if I'll have a new nephew or niece." Harry says with a smile on his face. 

- - - 

The Mendez Household. 

"Merry Christmas, everyone." Elena says walking into her childhood home with presents for her family. After spending the day at Sandringham House, Albert and Elena stopped in at her parents house to spend a few hours with them on Christmas day.

Everyone opened their presents, enjoying what Albert and Elena had given everyone. Gisele and Victor looked around at their family, feeling truly blessed with how things have turned out. With all three of their children back under the same roof, their grandson and with waiting for the newest member of the family to arrive, they just felt truly blessed.

Now they were just waiting for the moment for Gisele test results to come back to see if she needed more treatment for breast cancer or if surgery was the best option for her.

It was a scary time for the Mendez family, not knowing what was happening with their mother. Gisele didn't want her family to worry, she just wanted them to keep going with their lives not wanting to be a burden to her family.

"Any news about the test results?" Elena asked her mother. Being the youngest daughter in the family, it was hard for Elena not to worry about her family. Especially now that she was so busy with her royal duties that she was slowly starting to pick up, it was hard to take a moment to check up on her family.

"No news yet, Lena. I'm sure everything is fine." Gisele said to her daughter, not wanting her to worry about anything, other than her pregnancy and new life as a working royal.

No matter how much her parents told her not to worry about anything other than her pregnancy and work, she couldn't help but worry. 

Her parent's weren't getting any younger and there would be a day where they would both leave this world, and Elena didn't know if she could handle that. 

Elena would pray every night that her parents would have a good few more years on this earth before departing, Elena wanted her parents to witness their grandchildren grow up, and there was so much left for them to do as a family. 

She just hoped that her mother was going to be okay, because Elena could tell that all the treatments her mother was going through for breast cancer was taking a toll on her physically and mentally. 

"I hope you're mama." Elena said to her mother.

- - - 

York House, St James's Palace

The Avondales had just gotten home from a busy Christmas day, from spending the morning in Sandringham House, to spending the rest of the day in Elena's childhood home by time the couple got home they were completely exhausted.

"I want to get into bed and never leave." Elena said while getting into bed, loving the comfort that her bed is giving her. 

Albert chuckles. "That's a lie and you know it." Albert said to his wife, knowing her better than anyone else he knew that his wife couldn't stay in one spot, she always had to be moving whether it was working, excising or even just cleaning, his wife could never just stay still. Even while being pregnant she still moved around.

"Okay, okay you are right. But right now at this very moment I don't want to move." Elena said snuggling into her husband's side as he got into bed. 

"I hope you had a lovely day today, my love." Elena said to her husband, knowing that today was a lot for him, especially with seeing Harry again since he hadn't seen him since the opening ceremony for the Invictus Games.

Albert smiled at his wife, "It was a very lovely day. It was good to see Harry today as well. He certainly looks like a changed man since the last time I saw him, he looks happy and healthier." 

"He sure does look happy and healthier." Elena says, it was good to see her brother-in-law today. Despite how Harry for about his sister-in-law, Elena was happy that Harry had decided to get help and it looked like it was working this time around. 

Elena knew how Harry felt about her, but that wouldn't stop Elena from supporting her brother-in-law, because at the end of the day he is still her husband's older brother. 

And family is the most important thing to Elena.