Chapter Six: Welcome to The Invictus Games

10th of September 2014 - London's Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

Albert and Harry's relationship has now since been rocky since Elena joined the family. Harry still had his doubts about their relationship even though Albert and Elena have been together since 2004, Harry had always had his doubts about Elena, and he made it very clear to Elena how he felt about her. 

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Albert asked his wife, knowing how Harry felt about her, he would understand if Elena didn't want to attend today's event. 

"Despite everything, Harry is still your brother, and I would like to support this event no matter how Harry seems to still feel about me, even after 10 years." Elena replied to her husband, knowing that she didn't want him to come by himself.

She wanted Harry to know that his perception of her was untrue, so she decided to attend the Invictus Games opening celebrations, to show support for not only the royal family but Harry himself.

The Royal Foundation, was established in 2009 by Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales sons, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry of Wales and Prince Albert, the Duke of Avondale. The Royal Foundation provided funding for the Invictus Games. After Catherine and Elena married into the family, the foundation added them both as patrons.

"Indeed. May I also mention that on the day of our wedding, my so-called brother was in the worst imaginable mood." Albert shook his head and murmured.

Albert was trying to be a supportive brother to Harry, but he couldn't help but feel uneasy towards Harry when it came to Elena, Harry had not been the most supportive when Albert and Elena first started dating , let alone when it came the two getting married.

Both Albert and Elena were willing to set aside their issues with Harry in order to move to a better and happy future for the family and the institution, where everyone would need to present a united front. However, this couldn't happen while Harry was losing his mind.

If he was going to help build a better future for the royal family, he had to come to terms with everyone's expectations.

Smiling broadly, they soon noticed Harry mingling with other attendees who had come to the Invictus Games opening ceremony.

Harry smiled and said, "Thank you for coming." He had been concerned that no members of his family would be able to attend the event.

William and Catherine were unable to attended the ceremony due to Catherine still feeling rather ill during her pregnancy.

"Congratulations, and of course we wouldn't miss it." Irrespective of Harry's feelings for her, Elena was prepared to maintain civility with him.

Throughout the 10 years of Albert and Elena's relationship was hard on Harry, he felt as though he was loosing his younger brother when Elena came into the picture and that she just wasn't good enough for him.

With a beaming smile on his face, Harry embraced his sister-in-law and planted a kiss on her cheek, surprising Elena slightly. He then moved to embrace his younger brother.

"I am delighted that you two are here, come meet everyone," Harry urged, gesturing for the couple to trail behind him. He was somewhat anxious about the occasion.

Given all that was going on at the time and the real effort he had put into it, he was aware of the stakes for success—he was creating something that would outlive him and have a profound impact on a great number of people's lives.

Albert and Elena trailed behind Harry, understanding the significance of this occasion for him.

About 300 competitors from 13 nations that had fought with the UK in recent military operations would compete in the Invictus Games.