Going Around

(Connor's POV)

I watched as the sisters reunited but I couldn't help but wonder what they had murmured to each other. It was tearful and after a while many stopped watching. Sometimes it annoyed me how people forgot we all were human. Not just them.

Sure, they were in hard times but it didn't mean that some shouldn't be allowed. I furrowed my eyebrows as I thought about it. Many people forgot the reason this place was here. 

A place of safety

A place for the lost

A place for refugees.

A place for Humanity 

By the time I had noticed that the sisters were gone it was already pretty late and the sun was sinking. *sigh* Just how long had I spaced out?

I started walking and headed towards my house, it wasn't a home. Home was something else but for now it would certainly suffice enough for me. When I got there I heard giggles and some whispers in the dark. I opened the door and looked around "Who's there?!

Two seconds later I was letting out a high pitch scream that echoed through the place. Laughter then took place as the lights came on a little face stared at me. "nah nah nah nah , you fell for my trap!" 
I lunged towards the little menace while she ran away from me. "Elena! He's trying to catch me!
I groan when something hit me and looked over to find Elena holding a slipper threateningly "I'm sorry" She put on a sheepish smile "she roped me into doing this"

I nodded at her "She is very persuasive." I watched as she stayed in the doorway of the room. "why don't you come in?" She shrugged "I'm not really sure if I can. I mean, this is your house and I basically went in, and caused chaos."

I chuckled and waved it off before looking for Ana. "In truth, I'm grateful. "I glanced back at Elena with a sad smile "she was so calm and disappearing everywhere. Your absence really threw her off and she wasn't sure of to do."

I saw her nod "I was with her for what , 3 months after everything happened. She probably latched on me." I saw eyes widen and then move her hands frantically "not that I minded! In fact I'm glad for it!" I walked over and gently grabbed her waving  hands to calm her down.

"but... she was a little kid and now" I looked into her eyes and noticed a deep sadness. "Now she has the eyes of an adult. Of a teenager. She knows and she's not a little girl anymore."

I looked away and stared at Ana, all this time and I never noticed. Right now her eyes were filled with a light but before that they were glazed over and sharp. The eyes of someone who was wary and knew the truth of the world.

"I see it now.... I thought that was normal." I suddenly felt a pit in my stomach.  Guilt. Elena walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "you found her before it got worse though. It was me who failed her seeing that I got caught."

I scoffed "you were a teenager trying to survive on your own with a little kid and managing to preserve that light." I looked at her "you did better than many of us here could have done."

She shrugged and I slightly hugged her. She had helped me and I had helped her. Now I don't think we were aquantainces or anything. It felt nice having someone to trust. 

"tomorrow I'll show you around and try to find you a job so you can help." She nodded "thank you for that. For all of this." I nodded "you needed help. It was my pleasure to help you."

Ana came over to Elena and grabbed her hand "can you sing me to sleep? pleaseee?" I saw her nod "of course Anita. Which song would you prefer?"  She put on a thinking face "tu arrullo" (your lullaby) I watched Elena but she nodded "Alright then, first to bed though!"

 They both looked at me and I nodded before they went off to one of the rooms to sleep.  I followed them to watched Elena place Ana in bed, lifting up the covers before placing them on her. 

"Dulces cisnes en el amanecer, (sweet swams in the dawn)

con sus cantos yo me llevare, (with your songs I shall go)

para que arrullen, (so you can lulll me)

con su dulce melodia,( with your sweet melody)

para que me arrullen, ( so you can lull me)

y me den ducle suenos" (and give me good dreams)

I listened to the arullo and tried to decipher it. It sounded so nice and I could see that it was working. Ana was falling asleep and I noticed that for some reason she felt safe.

I don't know how sibling bonds worked but she truly felt safe in the arms of her sister. Fully entrusting her safety to her.
____________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I have no idea of what I'm doing anymore so here's some fluff. I'm thinking that this may be the last chapter before the epilogue or maybe one more.

Have a good/day night ya'll and get ready for summer!