eleven.

chapter eleven, what do you feel

    THIS TIME, ROSE WAS READY. She was ready for the teasing comments that Marilyn, Kara, Scarlett, Amber, Ashley and Robyn would be making. She knew that Aaron would be a topic of a conversation they would have many times, and as ready as she may be, she can't help her heart picking up in speed as she hears his name. Why was she feeling this way?

As predicted, Ashley and Amber fit right in. Now, with the addition of Robyn, her group felt even more complete. The group decided that after a long work week, they needed to have a little catch up. Or, in Kara's words, they "absolutely need to tease Rose some more, because there's no way there's nothing going on between her and angel eyes." Angel eyes being Aaron, and Rose completely agreed...disagreed....

Rose decided, she might as well feed into their delusions and tell them about the bar. That didn't go so well....

"So you almost kissed."

"No."

"Rose, you just said "our lips were really close," what were you doing then?"

"So, let me get this straight," Robyn interrupted, causing the group to go silent. "While we were at a bar, a guy was harassing you, and Aaron pretended to be your boyfriend to get him to leave. Then he buys you a drink to make you feel more safe. Then you pretend to be his girlfriend to help him out, and you both practically call each other hot. Harassment guy sticks around, and you feel unsafe so you run to Aaron. Aaron holds your hand, gives you his coat and walks you home. Then, you almost kiss and ask him to stay. And he's gone by morning?"

After a moment of silence, Rose answers, "yeah pretty much." The rest of the girls instantly tease her, nudging her back and fourth.

"And you're sure you don't like this guy?" Ashley teases, sipping on her wine.

"Well," Rose pauses for a moment, causing the group to go completely silent. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Madilyn asks, raising an eyebrow at the blonde.

"I mean I don't know."

"Well how to feel when you're around him?" Amber asked, moving closer to Rose. Rose shifted uncomfortably, she never really had to think about this.

"Well, I don't know- I guess my heart beats really fast, and I get this weird almost nauseous feeling but it's not like nauseous, it's more like nerves, but good nerves, does that make sense?"

"You mean butterflies?" Scarlett grins, looking at Rose. The others have bright smiles on their faces, enjoying this way too much.

"I don't know. It's probably stupid. It's just because I've kissed him before, probably."

"I'm sorry what?!" Madilyn yells, her eyes widening. The rest of the group look at her with a confused look on their faces.

"Girl, I'm in a show with him where I kiss him like a million times a night," Rose states, laughing at Madilyn softly. The others burst out into laughter and Madilyn realizes what she meant.

One building over, Aaron lay in his bed, in deep thought. Why was he so ticked off that Jeremy had been that close to Rose? He shouldn't have cared, and it shouldn't have bothered him as much as it did.

But, he felt as if he should be the only person being that close to Rose...for work, of course. He hated Rose, and Rose hated him...right?

Aaron couldn't help but look at the three roses that lay in a vase across the room. They looked neat, healthy and they were tied together with a nice yellow ribbon. This was his second time having the exact same roses in his room, and it wouldn't be the last. He liked the smell, he liked the look, he liked roses. But he hated Rose.