Chapter 1 - Rebirth

It's been four months since I became a hybrid and lost my baby, fours months of being consumed by anger and grief, four months of isolating myself from the world while the Guerrera wolves take over the city and use the moonlight rings Genevieve crafted, causing Klaus pain.

With each full moon, I repress my transformation to help Klaus through it but no matter what I do and no matter how much I comfort him, I can't erase how empty we both feel.

Right now, I am wandering through the Bayou while both he and Elijah remain in the French Quarter. It's eerily quiet out here, not a single trace of Hayley or my pack can be found. No doubt Francesca and her wolves chased them off, forcing them to hide again.

I saw a burnt doll left over from the bombing and picked it up, pulling the leaves from it and when I looked at it, I was reminded of my daughter. I started to cry as I thought of my Hope, living with her aunt, far away from the chaos of New Orleans. That's when my heart started to ache again, I miss my baby, I miss her so much that it's unbearable.

Once again, I am all alone.

~*~*~

When I returned to the compound, I heard a noise upstairs and when I ran to my room, I saw Elijah in the nursery. He looked like he was packing or renovating.

"What do you think you're doing, Elijah?" I asked, entering the nursery.

"Welcome back. What is it, the third night this week?"

"I don't need a caretaker," I told him. "Hybrids are invincible, right? What are you doing, Elijah?"

"As we've discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now months have passed, it's the appropriate time."

I felt anger rise in me at the mere thought of him taking anything out of Hope's nursery. "What's next on the 'appropriate' list? Klaus and I hold our heads up high and say we're ready to try again?"

"I understand this is difficult for you --"

"What's difficult is knowing that Francesca Guerrera is still breathing after she was the one that plotted with the witches to kill my baby!" I yelled.

"You will have your vengeance," Elijah remained calm. "I promise you this."

"Well, until then, this is my room," I told him, taking the planks of wood from him. "And I'll tell you when it's appropriate to clean it out."

I stood to the side and waited for him to leave the room, I let out a sigh when he did. Things have been different between me and the Mikaelson brothers since I became a hybrid. Klaus and I have bonded over our shared grief and thirst for vengeance while Elijah and I have drifted apart.

~*~*~

I was sitting in the nursery holding Hope's teddy bear when I heard Klaus and Elijah talking, they were downstairs and thanks to my new hybrid senses, I could hear them perfectly.

"We have the Guerreras where we want them," Klaus told Elijah. "We have them waiting, we have them worried and now we know they're a army with no defenses against an Original."

As soon as the Guerreras were mentioned, I put down the bear and dashed into the dining room using my new hybrid speed.

"We don't know that for certain," Elijah said.

"I'm willing to gamble."

"So what are we waiting for?" I said, causing both brothers to look at me.