Chapter 15 - They All Asked For You

Klaus, Jackson and I were discussing pack business upstairs. It's been nice to have my brother in the same house, now I don't need to make trips to the Bayou to see him. I'm sure that's the reason Klaus invited him and Hayley to live here, to keep me from running off to see him.

"It's time to use our werewolf army," Klaus said. "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help pinpoint their location."

The woman Klaus was talking about was the girl who had helped Rebekah escape the witch asylum, she said her name was Freya as in Freya Mikaelson. The sister Dahlia had taken, the sister Klaus and his siblings had believed died of plague. Now she's back and frankly, her presence has made me nervous. If she is alive, does that mean that Dahlia is as well?

"No, we need all hands on deck here with Hope," Jackson told him. "I think you can compel humans to track your enemies."

Klaus didn't like that reply at all.

"Do my ears deceive me? Or did you just give me an order in my own home?"

Jackson raised his voice. "This ain't about your ego, Klaus! It's about what's best for that little girl!"

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughter!" Klaus yelled, furious.

"Jack, Klaus is right," I intervened before they started throwing punches. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that he's either powerful enough to heal from that explosion or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there."

I could tell that Jackson wasn't happy about me siding with Klaus.

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them post haste."

Jackson then stood up and approached Klaus. "Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Nina is asking."

"Ah," Klaus smirked at my brother.

"Don't think for one second, I take orders from you."

I watched Jackson leave and sighed before looking at Klaus, who gave me an innocent look.

"Would it kill you to be nice?" I asked.

"I was being nice," he replied.

I shook my head as I walked closer to him. "Like it or not, Jackson is the Alpha and he is also Hope's uncle. So, for the sake of our daughter, can you please try to work together?"

 Why did they always have to butt heads? Having two Alpha males under one roof is never good, especially when one of them is Klaus Mikaelson.

~*~*~

I had just closed the door to Hope's nursery when Jackson knocked on my bedroom door before walking in.

"Shh," I told him. "I just got her down."

"Thought you might be hungry," He handed me a plate.

"Grilled cheese, huh?" I smiled at my brother. "Hell of a chef."

"I don't like to brag," Jackson laughed as I put the plate down and started putting my daughter's stuffed animals away. "You know, I can help you with Hope, right? If you wanna take a break sometime, I'm good with kids."

"I missed six months of her life, I don't mind. Thanks," I turned around to face him. "Jack? Look, I know it must be weird living here, especially with Klaus and everything but . . . I'm glad you're here."