Chapter 9 - The Map of Moments

Klaus and I were on our way to Arkansas, where Rebekah and Elijah were waiting for us with Hope. I still can't believe it. After all this time, I finally get to see my daughter again, I finally get to hold her. I've been waiting for this moment for six months and now that it's here, I . . . every thought and emotion I have is all about her.

When we reached the house, I saw them and the first thing I did was get out of the car and run over to them. I stopped suddenly when I saw her in Elijah's arms and my breath caught. There she is. She is so beautiful.

My gaze was fixed on her and only her as I slowly walked closer.

"Hi," I say when Elijah hands Hope over to me.

I looked into her eyes, which are the same color as Klaus', before I hold her close to me. I let out a sigh of relief as I hug her. My daughter, my beautiful baby girl. 

I then turn around and look at Hope's father, who is just as emotional as I am about our reunion with our daughter. I walked over to him and let him hold her. I kept holding her hand as he did and smiled with tears in my eyes when I looked at Elijah and Rebekah.

I let out a joyous laugh as I looked at the beautiful miracle in Klaus' arms and he kissed her forehead.

I then went over to Rebekah and wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you!" I said, overcome with emotion.

My daughter is safe and happy and loved because of Rebekah and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

~*~*~   

Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and I were assembling firewood to make a bonfire, which is a Mikaelson family tradition and Klaus had told us why Esther wanted to kill our baby.

"Curse on the first-born? What the bloody hell is that suppose to mean?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague," Klaus informed us. "She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first-borns for eternity."

"Is any of this true?" I asked, looking at both brothers.

"It is if we are to believe Finn," Elijah replied. "Who learned it from the bastion of truth, our mother."

I lowered my gaze, worried. Well, I won't let anyone hurt my baby, I only just got her back. I won't let anyone take her, especially not a psycho witch. 

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us," Rebekah said. "He lost the sister he adored and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull."

"Great," I said with sarcasm. "So is there any chance of us running into your loony aunt Dahlia any time soon?"

"Fable's over a thousand years old," Elijah said. "Dahlia is long dead."

"Like Esther?" I raised my brows.

"No one's going to hurt Hope because no one is going to find her," Klaus told me before looking at his sister. "There's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas."

"Well, we're just missing a key ingredient."

"No, we're not," Klaus shook his head.

"Yes, we are, Nik!" Rebekah replied with a smile. "Back me up, Elijah."

He was smiling as well. "I suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes."

"What are you all talking about?" I asked the siblings, curious.