Chapter 17 - Exquisite Corpse

I heard some sort of commotion in Hope's nursery and went to investigate, I saw it was Rebekah but when I saw the dead werewolf who had been guarding the door, I knew something was wrong. That's when I realized that it wasn't Rebekah at all, it was Eva Sinclair.

Veins appeared beneath my eyes, briefly before I went to protect my daughter.

"Get away from her!" I said as I pulled Eva back, making her hit her head.

I was just about to grab my baby but Eva used magic to send me flying out of the nursery and over my bed.

"Klaus!" I yelled as I hit the ground.

He came in and approached the woman he thought was his sister.

"Rebekah, what are you doing?!" He stopped and held his head as Eva cast a pain infliction spell on him.

I tried to go back into the nursery but Eva held a hand towards me and suddenly, I was choking and struggling to breathe. I put a hand to my throat as I fell down next to Klaus and looked at the witch who had suppressed my friend's essence. I gasped as I tried to breathe but it wasn't working.

Klaus then lashed out, clawing Eva's leg. She let out a cry of pain before she realized that she was overpowered, so she jumped out the window.

Now free, Klaus and I got up to stand and my eyes were fixed on Hope while he stared after Eva. We were both panting and we exchanged a worried look. What the hell is going on?

~*~*~

Klaus and I were now downstairs with Marcel, he had been watching Rebekah last night and he was the first person she attacked when Eva took over. Klaus grabbed the spelled manacles we had used on Finn and approached Marcel.

"I should stop packing these away, there's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling," he said as he handed them over to Marcel. "Find Rebekah or Eva or whoever the bloody hell that was. Use these to stop her from doing magic and don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

"Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her," Marcel replied. "She killed witch-kids. The 24-hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to ended at midnight, every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her."

Klaus then looked at me. "Go to Elijah. Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

"And leave Hope?" I said, incredulous. "Don't you think I should stay here and protect our daughter?"

"Jackson has been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with his werewolf army, not to mention the fact that I'm here and I know the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model."

"Hmm," I scoffed. "And what will you be doing while we're doing all of the dirty work?"

"Why, attending to the even dirtier work," He said as he turned around. "As usual."

Well, I guess I'll be going to Algier's then.

~*~*~

When I arrived at Elijah's loft, I was surprised to find that Gia was there and I could tell straight away that she had spent the night, which means . . .

I felt jealously instantly rise up in me at the revelation of her and Elijah sleeping together, but I quickly suppressed it so I could tell him what happened. The three of us then went to Josephine LaRue's house and as we waited for the old witch, I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence.