Chapter 4 - Live and Let Die

It's Halloween and everyone is celebrating in typical New Orleans fashion, everyone except the supernatural community, of course. I was walking through the compound, lost in thought because it's been weeks since Klaus and I kissed, since I found out that I look like his and Elijah's long-dead ex-girlfriend and during all that time, I've barely seen him. It's almost like he's avoiding me, which pisses me off.

Does that mean he regrets kissing me? Why did he kiss me anyway? Does that mean he has feelings for me?

Thinking about the kiss caused my conflicted feelings to resurface because it wasn't one-sided, I had kissed him back and I had enjoyed it.

Suddenly, Elijah's voice bought me out of my thoughts.

"Brother!" He called out loudly as he walked into the courtyard. "Niklaus!"

"You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" I said as I approached him.

"Where is my brother?" He asked me.

"I'll check his calendar," I replied with sarcasm. "Wait, no, not his wife, so . . ."

Elijah looked at me, clearly annoyed. "Nina, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

I glared at him, unamused. "Hm, so this is what we've come to, huh? Sniping at each other from opposite sides of the battlefield? I don't know where Klaus is."

"Strange, given how close you two have become."

"If you want to find him, I can't help you," I continued, ignoring his comment. "If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck."

I started to walk away from the Original but stopped and turned back to face him.

"Oh, one more thing, Elijah. Those 'beasts' that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems."

I then spun on my heel and stormed off, angry at both Elijah and Klaus.

~*~*~

I had received a call from Oliver and he told me what Esther and Finn - Klaus and Elijah's older brother - had planned for the werewolves, so I decided to go over to Marcel's loft across the river. That's where Elijah was, training his vampire protégé but when I walked inside, I was shocked at what my eyes saw.

Gia had Elijah pinned against the wall with her hand inside his chest and I knew that they were having a moment because of the way they stared at each other. I felt my heart seize with jealousy as I watched them.

"Elijah?"

My presence had obviously startled them both, Gia pulled her hand out of Elijah's chest and Elijah stepped away from the wall as his wound healed.

I crossed my arms as I approached them. "We need to talk."

I could feel the tension rise when they saw Aiden, Gia took a step to attack but Elijah stopped her.

"We're not here for a fight," I assured them. "Just hear him out."

"Speak," Elijah told him. "I suggest you be succinct."

"Please," Aiden sighed, not liking the idea any more than Elijah or Gia. "I need your help."