Chapter Ten

Breaking News

In a most tragic turn of events the young daughter of progressive freshman senator Kerri Childs and Secretary of State Franklin Childs, sixteen year old Leslie Childs , has been pronounced dead at Georgetown University Hospital. There is still a manhunt out for her killer who has been described as a  young Middle Eastern looking man in his early twenties. Homicide Detective Rosie Lopez is the lead investigator in a manhunt that is coordinating with the Capitol police, the Park police , the US Marshals and the FBI. Detective Lopez warns the public to be on the alert for the suspect and if they see him to not approach but instead call 911 immediately. The suspect is reportedly heavily armed and dangerous. There is no evidence at the moment that he is working as part of a bigger organization.

                           ------------

            ( Texts )

Rosie: Mary , keep your brother calm ok ? Make sure the doors are locked. You see anyone you don't know around the house or neighborhood call 911. Or me. You hear?

Mary : Got ya. I'm worried about L.L. He's at the courthouse.

Rosie: He'll be fine. He's damn tough for a blind man. And the courthouse is one of the buildings that have increased security now. Don't tell Michael. We have had threats made against politicians and government officials after the shooting.

Mary : Is this terrorism? Omg. What is happening?

Rosie: We're not sure what this is. Gotta go. Stay safe. Look out for your brother and Jamie.