⋪ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ⋫

You carefully place the brown contact lenses in his eyes, masking the orange color.

December's vision blurs for a moment as he waits for his eyes to adjust.

Once they do, he looks in the mirror and gasps, surprised by the dramatic change in his appearance.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks, doubtful.

"I don't want anyone to realize that something has changed about me."

"I know," you say, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"But if you don't want anyone to realize, you better listen to me. You're not a monster, you are just different"

He nods slowly, still processing the gravity of the situation. "You're right. I'm not a monster. I'm just... different."

"That's right," you reassure him.

"And you're still the same person you've always been, deep down. Nothing can change that."

Silence follows, as December doesn't know what to say.

He always hated the mystics, now he is one of them.

Not only that, but he thought werewolves were fictional.

Or at least that's what he was told.

"We could search about werewolves at the school's library," you suggested, hoping to offer some hope.

"I actually read a book about werewolves a long time ago. There might be a way to reverse the transformation."

December leans in, as a sign that he wishes to know more.

"The only way to become a human again is that you have to get rid of the person who turned you"  

Your friend blinks once then twice.

"I assume you didn't see who bit you, did you?"

"..."

He bites his bottom lip, nodding at your question slowly.

You held his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Then we'll have to solve the mystery, won't we? They should be someone from around here, right? Someone who is hiding within the mystics"

December nodded, trying to gather his thoughts. "I need to think. This is... a lot to process."

"Take your time," you said, giving him space.

He stood up, looking at the mirror again, seeing the brown eyes that now reflected back at him. 

December turns around to face you again.

"I want you to know that I love you not as a friend but as a lover" 

His words hung in the air like a heavy fog, a weight that bore down your heart.

You felt your cheeks flush, and your heart raced as you gazed into December's eyes.

"I guess you love Sterling more"

At the mention of your vampire date, you chuckle, shaking your head.

"Sterling was kind to me, but we were just dates not boyfriend and girlfriend"

"I feel the same way, December,"

You responded, your voice quivering with emotion. You stepped closer, your arms wrapping around his neck.

He pulled you in, his hands finding a place on your lower back.

"When I transform back to normal, I will become the boyfriend you deserve"

"You're already the boyfriend I deserve," you point out, running your fingers through his red hair.

December's heart swells with a feeling of warmth, as if he has never experienced such love before.

Indeed he never experienced that type of love from you.

"Can I kiss you-"

"Oh God, we are going to be late for school, let's hurry up"

You exclaim in fear upon looking up at the wall clock.

°°°

"Congratulations"

"Good luck"

"I'm happy for you"

"You two deserve each other"

You and December are confused on why everyone is congratulating you.

"Did you do something?" December asks.

"I have no idea"

Seeing Nayzek walking towards you with an angry look on his face meant trouble.

Angry Faeries aren't pleasant to deal with.

"Hey Nayzak" you greet.

"You chose your boy toy so soon"

"Who are you calling a boy toy?" December inquires angrily, thinking that the Faerie prince was talking about him.

"Struan, he said you agreed to be his future wife"

You froze, stunned by Nayzek's words. December's eyes widened in surprise, while yours filled with confusion.

Only sentance escape your lips.

"Ew, that's illegal, since when do I marry what I eat?"