39.Mixup and Blem Blem

Wednesday
September 27th,2023
🤍 Claudette House

Madison
12:34 pm

"Yuh talk to yuh madda?" Grandma asked handing me a cup of ginger tea.

I didn't go to work today because morning sickness been kicking my ass so I decided to come spend the day with my grandma and run a few errands.

"So morning sickness made you call out,yet somehow you have enough strength and energy to run errands with your granny" my subconscious said.

Yup.

"No and I don't plan on talking to her no time soon until she apologizes" I answered.

It's been a few weeks since I announced my pregnancy to my parents and I haven't talked to either one since. My dad tried reaching out a few times but I been ignoring his calls because I know he's just calling to tell me to talk to my mom.

"Ah bwoy unuh stubborn,hurry up and drink the tea so we can leave" Grandma said.

"I'm not stubborn,she disrespected me when all I wanted to do was announce my pregnancy and receive a simple congrats or congratulations but no she chose to belittle me and throw things I told her in confidentiality back in my face" I said getting teary eyed.

These hormones pissing me off.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Grandma sighed before responding, "Yes,she was wrong for that but Evelyn she's your moth-"

"Exactly she's my mother so she should be the last person to treat me the way she did,this pregnancy is already hard enough grandma. I just want to be surrounded by love and support these next few months" I said cutting her off as the tears began to fall.

Grandma wiped my tears and pulled me into a much needed hug,I always felt the safest in her arms.

"I love you grandma" I said.

"I love you too Evelyn forever and ever" Grandma said kissing my cheek.

After our little sentimental moment,I finished drinking the tea before we left.

"But wait deh,yuh have yuh license?" Grandma asked as she got inside the car.
(Hold on a second,do you have your license?)

Today I was driving Leo's Lamborghini urus and let's just say if he knew I was driving it,he would have a fit because he specifically told me not to drive it but y'all know I do what I want.

"I have it but it's expired" I answered.

"So you're telling me you've been driving around with an expired license?" Grandma questioned.

"Yeah...Oopsie" I said.

"Oopsie mi rass,let mi out now. Mi nah go jail wid yuh" Grandma said and I started laughing hysterically.
(Oopsie my ass,let me out now. I'm not going to jail with you)

"You're so dramatic,I'm going to renew it soon" I said.

I told Leo those same exact words three months ago and three months later,I still haven't renewed it. Let's pray he doesn't find out no time soon guys because I'm not in the mood for a lecture.

"Yuh betta" Grandma said putting her seatbelt on.

I put my seatbelt on before putting the car in drive and drove off.

47 minutes later...
📍 Walmart,Valley Stream

"Do you miss working?" I asked Grandma as we pushed our shopping carts around Walmart. We came here for a few things and ended up getting two shopping carts full of things.