Ch.8- If only

I've been behaving strangely lately, this place evokes both trauma and joy in me. My existence here wasn't terrible. However, everything shifted one day. Both my sister and I were affected. I felt content, believing that my life would finally get back on course.

 When I was adopted by Mr. Aurelius and his wife, Ms. Hyori, I learned that they were not Korean. My step-father was Japanese, and my step-mother was half Korean and half American. Despite their different backgrounds, their love story was simple.

My mother was a psychologist and an agent, while my father was a renowned lawyer and also an agent. They both worked as spies for the government or an organization. I didn't know much about it, and neither did Sarah.

One day I wanted to go somewhere, maybe a carnival. I could never forget that day 22nd  October 2009. Would everything have been different if I wasn't stubborn that day. I begged my parents to get me there because it was the last day of the carnival. 

On the way back to home due to bad weather it crashed on the tree. I somehow managed to get out but suddenly BOOM!. Yes the car blasted. Losing my parents or step parents.

"Yoongi are you ok? Thank god you are alright." Sarah said. She was looking so worried. She was maybe worried for me.

I instantly remembered the accident and started to bowl like a baby. "Mom, dad? They are dead because of me?" I started to slap myself until Sarah hold my hand stopping me.

"Shut up you idiot. Nothing has happened because of you, don't worry!" She hugged me tight. However I was shocked. She never cried. Even on their funeral.

Most of all never blamed me. "Noona, I am extremely sorry and regretting on what I have done. It's my fault. Only if" she put her index finger on my mouth. "I could never blame you. Stop accusing yourself. It was an accident. Whatever has to be done has been done. There is no use of feeling guilty. We have each other."

Those were the wise words from her. Even though I still blamed myself, but she was there for me. Once I thought that I have never seen her as my step-sister. Only sister.

My eyes shot opened again. I glanced the my mobile screen to watch the time. I had set the wallpaper of myself and Sarah noona. There is no doubt.

She is the best.

Only if I wouldn't have make those mistakes in the past maybe I would have been in a better place from now. Then perhaps I would have not met Jimin at all.

However one thing about him bothers me a lot.

"How does he know Sarah?"
"Have I met him before?"