A Falcon's Fall

Johanna watched as Robert sat beside Jon Arryn as his lady wife Lysa Tully stood with their son Robert who kept trying to go to the Queen who stood in front of all her children who stood tall behind her. 

The Targaryen sons and the Baratheon Princes, though some of them were still not old enough to ride into battle, all of them had swords which their hands rested upon as the daughters stood dutifully with their hands clasped in front of them with their Seven Pointed Stars twinkling in the candle light.

The white haired Targaryens, including their mother looked every inch the Royal Family they once were, while the brown haired Baratheons seemed uncomfortable in their clothes, though they would have looked every inch as regal as the rest of their family had they been comfortable in their own skin.

Robert glanced back as his wife who stood her head slightly bowed as if in prayer as she clasped her prayer beads in her hands. Her daughters Rhaenyra, Helaena and Rhaena also had their heads bowed while Aegon, Maegor and Aemond stood their heads slightly bowed as they seemed to whisper to each other.

Robert then looked at his own children Cassian, Mycella and Tommen who stood uncomfortable as they also had their heads bowed but they did not once move their lips as they stood together. They stood slightly apart from their mother and siblings as if they did not want to be apart of the family even though Johanna kept glancing at them.

"Robert" Jon Arryn wheezed out which made Robert look at his father figure as he continued to gasp for breath as Lysa Arryn turned slightly to glance at Lord Peytr Baelish who looked back at her before looking toward the Queen who could feel his eyes on her back but she refused to turn to look at the man who gave her an uneasy feeling.

"Robert, the seed is strong" Jon Arryn wheezed out which made Robert frown and Johanna's head shoot up as well as Ser Sebastian's as they look at the dying Hand of the King. The only person who noticed was Jaime Lannister who looked between his sister and her sworn protecter with a frown.

Glancing over at her brother Johanna frowns as she looks back at him with wide slightly worried eyes. Which continue to watch him even after Jaime Lannister looks back to the King, it is only when Aegon taps his mother's hand does she finally look back down at her prayer beads as she continues to mumble prayers under her breath. 

Ser Sebastian glances side ways at the Queen who stood beside him as she glanced back at him as his hand tightened around the handle of his sword. Aegon's hand does the same but around his family's sword Dark Sister while his father was the one with Blackfyre which was taken from the Red Keep when he was come back to take his mother the Queen Rhaella and younger brother Viserys to Dragonstone, the seat he was about to return to.

"Mother," he whispers "I am to send a raven to my father-"

"We shall not speak of this here my darling. Later." Johanna cuts her son off quickly and quickly by putting a hand to his with a soft discrete shake of her head.

"Of course," her son replies "I apologise."

"What did you wish to say to me, Aegon?" Johanna asks as she walks into her son's chambers with two guards from Robert's own household behind her

"What did you wish to say to me, Aegon?" Johanna asks as she walks into her son's chambers with two guards from Robert's own household behind her. If he could not be there then his eyes and ears would. "Be warned your Step-Father is here with us."

Aegon nods as he holds a hand out to his mother who frowns but takes it, her face clearing when she feels the piece passing from his hand to hers. Gently he moves to kiss her hand, but that is just a ruse so he can put the letter into the pocket on the inside of her sleeve.

"Come let us speak as we take tea on the balcony," Aegon says as he leads Johanna to the balcony as the two Baratheon soldiers follow them always remaining close enough to listen to the conversation.

Later when Johanna opened the piece of paper and read the contents a smile was brought to her face.