Broken Dragons

It took several seconds for the words to take root in Johanna and when they do she fell to the ground and sobbed heart broken. Ser Sebastian rushes into the chamber just in time to catch the Queen as she falls to her knees, her body racked with sobs as she clutches at the knight.

"Leave," Ser Sebastian commands and the messenger quickly leaves as Ser Sebastian tries to soothe the Queen who is making heart broken cries that makes everyone bow their head. Even Robert Baratheon who had ordered the deaths of the Queen's sons.

"They are gone." are the only words Sebastian was able to make out between the Queen's sobs as she clutches at his chest plate.

"Just breath," Ser Sebastian says over and over as he rubs the Queen's back as Tommen and Ellyn rush into their mother's chambers with horror and sadness on their faces.

"Mother!" they cry as they run to their sobbing mother who clutches them tightly as they hug each other tightly sharing their grief with each other.

"We must leave," Johanna whispers to Sebastian who nods as he looks at her. "They are not safe here, not now."

"I will find us a boat."

They crutched down in the sand dunes as they watched the row boat dock on the beach and the two rowers climbed out to hold it steady as they looked around for the royals that they were to take to Kingslanding.

"Come on," Sebastian whispers as he leads Johanna, who is holding tightly onto Ellyn and Tommen, towards the beach constantly looking over his shoulder at his children with worry that they might be left behind.

They all look around alarmed at the sound of running footsteps and yells as light from torches grow closer to the beach.

"Quickly!" Sebastian whispers in alarm as he pushes the three royals and the two maids towards the beach as he looks over his shoulder in worry.

As they reach the boat the two rowers rush to help them with the cloth bags they are carrying, two per person which they throw onto the boat as they help the maids on board first before helping the others.

"Sebastian!" Johanna calls alarmed which makes the knight look around as ten soldiers rush down from the sand dunes towards them on the beach as they climb into the boat.

"Don't let the Queen leave!" they can hear the soldiers yelling at each other as Johanna pushes Tommen and Ellyn into the boat that will bring them to the larger one that is waiting on 

"Row." Ser Sebastian orders the soldiers who nod and start to row as Ser Sebastian pushes the boat into deeper waters.

"What?" Johanna says shocked as she tries to grab onto Ser Sebastian who pulls away from her watching as the boat leaves him behind "Ser Sebastian!"

Johanna struggles against Tommen who holds onto her tightly as he watches with tears in his eyes as his father bows his head to his mother and pulls out his sword.

"Long Live the Queen!" is the last thing the knight cries as he turns and starts to fight the soldiers who are trying to get to the boat with the Queen and her two children.

"Mother! Mother stop!" Tommen yells at his mother who tries to get to her lover who is fighting on the beach.

"We have to get to him!"

"He is gone!"

"No! No! NO!" Johanna screams "Not him as well! No! No! No!"

Tommen bows his head as Ellyn sobs beside them as they watch Ser Criston being beaten by the soldiers who out number him. Johanna screams as she reaches out to Ser Criston as he is knocked to his knees and killed.

"We will avenge him," Tommen whispers to his mother as she mourns in his arms. "He will be avenged."