Talks with a Dragon

"Do you enjoy wearing green?" Lady Tyrin asks as she joins the Prince Maegor on the walls of the Red Keep. Maegor looks around surprised by her sudden appearance and bows his head to her. She does the same back as she stands by his side to look down over the courtyard and further into the capital.

"It is my Mother's wish that we show our loyalty to the House that has supported her," Maegor replies stiffly and Lady Tyrin realises that it is not the children who support the Hightowers but them supporting their mother.

"If your mother stopped wearing Hightower Green?"

Maegor shakes his head as she glances down at the Lady Arryn who glances back up at him before looking back over the city with a sigh as Maegor does the same.

"The Realm is becoming divided," he says "With my mother at court and my half brother in the Stormlands with his own wife... the Kingdoms will not be able to survive another war."

Lady Arryn nods as she looks down at her hands before she looks at the boy now man she had helped raise.

"The Queen could do with your council I believe," Lady Tyrin tells the Prince who looks at her with surprise and a raised brow as the lady looks up at him as she turns to face him.

"She would not listen," Maegor sighs  "She only listens to the Hightower council."

"Ceryse or Otto?"

"Otto primarily however she does turn to Lady Ceryse when Lord Otto is not there," Maegor tells her which makes her sigh as she bows her head slightly as she looks down at her hands that are clasped in front of her body.

"They are always with her?"

"Yes, or rather one of them is always with her. Was one of them with you when you left us to talk with each other?"

"Yes," Lady Tyrin sighs "What is there end goal? Do they wish to tear the Realm apart?"

"I am not sure, but I fear for my mother."

"You are not alone with this," Lady Tyrin smiles as she puts an arm on Maegor's arm gently as they look over the walls.

"I think Otto wants to have the Hightower name in glory once again," Maegor says after a pause "They have barely recovered from the Dance of Dragons even after almost 200 years."

"He would send his name back into the mud?"

"He has nothing to loose, that makes him dangerous."

Lady Tyrin shakes her head as she looks up at Maegor who looks down at her. "Their house will be laughed back into the ground if he is not careful... a other war so close to the one just pasted... even the Gods could not be so cruel."

"If they think they can do this to my house then-"

"Then they are in for a rude awakening."

Maegor nods as Lady Tyrin looks up at him with a proud smile on her face as he looks down at her confused.

"My Lady?"

"You are a true Targaryen now Maegor."

Johanna's Normal Banner