Chapter 51

"Help me!"

"I don't want to."

Phileal hated touching low-level offerings that could not be offered even as burnt offerings. But he had no choice but to touch the death mark on the back of his hand to them.

"Kyaaaaah!"

"Stay still. That way you die easily."

"S-Save...!"

Phileal had no intention of saving them. After all, weak creatures are eaten by strong ones. It existed both in nature and in society.

That's why he didn't think it was that bad for him, who was close to the God of Death, to kill these weak women. Even so, he remembered his mother who tried to protect him when he was young even with a weak body.

"Hu-ugh...!"

Also, the image of Anais trying to save him continued to flicker in front of his eyes like an afterimage, which made him feel strange.

"It won't hurt if you die at once."

"Sa, sa, sa... save, ugh...!"

"It will hurt more when you move. If I misuse my abilities and you just rot, it will be a problem."

Phileal said so without any emotion. He immobilized the legs of the other three who were about to run away. They couldn't move their legs because of the power of the God of Death. As if all the energy in their legs had been exhausted, they could not move.

"I did wr, kgghk...!"

"No, you did wrong. It was wrong to be weak."

"Ugh...!"

Phileal didn't feel better even when he said that. He knew that he had to suck the vitality out of Emilia but he hesitated as he tightened the hand on her neck.

"Don't sleep! I'll save you soon, so stay there! You can't faint!"

He suddenly couldn't understand what Anais had said when she saved him. Why did she save him even when it hurt so much that the gloves on her palms fell off? Then why is her crying so annoying to him?

"Huaaahhh...!"

Phileal saw Emilia, who had started to cry in a messy redness. Unfortunately, he had no sympathy.

Anais does not take the life of a stranger lightly. If she was like that, wouldn't she be sad when these women died?

"Why don't you like that?"

"Huwaa...! I, I was wrong...!"

Emilia was weeping and holding Phileal's arm tightly with both hands. He somehow couldn't kill her. It would be easy to just absorb all the vitality and then mummify her. Then, all he has to do is hand over the increased strength and energy to Anais.

"Is it because you think it's a sacrifice?"

"Hu-ugh...!"

When his thought got up to that point, he thought it made sense.

"Is that so? A maid?"

"Yes! Th, that's, ri, right...!"

Emilia didn't even know what Phileal was talking about, she just replied. With her firm answer, Phileal somehow understood the situation. An affection for something. It must be like that. There is no sacrifice that the God of Death would be satisfied with other than the saintess of the Goddess of Life. He smiled thinking about it.

* * *

Anais hadn't fully recovered so her cheeks were still severely swollen. Her eyes were swollen, and her lips were all chapped. But what's worse was.