Chapter 119 (Part 1)

The God of Death was originally the God of Chaos. As such, it found it difficult to manifest in a realm governed by order. However, there was one instance when the God of Chaos manifested as the God of Death.

During that time, all creatures perished, and in response, the God of Order split into multiple beings to create new creatures and sealed the God of Death into several fragments. Those divided powers scattered and eventually coalesced into a god, but their ability to intervene in the already ordered world became quite limited.

"Do you know what Lilith's wish is?"

"Yes."

The High Priest of Death glanced at Lewarren. Anais's body, a creation of the goddess Julias, had completely changed the fate intended by the goddess. Thus, it was most fitting for death to manifest in her.

"How did you find out?"

"I heard it directly."

Lewarren sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"What did she say?"

"She hated this world. She hates everything that makes her miserable and frustrated."

"Lilith."

"You brought her into this world. So you bear responsibility too. I will make all of this disappear. You will help me do that."

"I don't really want to say this."

"You have to speak if you want me to trust you."

At Lewarren's words, the High Priest of Death lowered his eyes for a moment before looking back at him.

"She said she wants to erase everything. She wants nothing to exist."

"Right."

At the High Priest's words, Lewarren's expression subtly shifted from a frown to a more relaxed demeanor.

"Then I'll be counting on you until that time comes."

With that, the High Priest of Death began to inscribe a magic circle in Kylian's chamber—this time truly capable of summoning the God of Death.

* * *

"Why are you loitering around there?"

"I usually talk to Anais when she's taking a bath."

Phileal leaned against the door as Anais entered the bathroom. Duke Percival found it very disturbing that a man was standing outside the place where his daughter had gone to wash.

"Right, Anais?"

"Yes, but let's not do that anymore."

"Why not?"

"Why do you think?"

"Do I not need to be there anymore?"

"It's not that..."

Anais immediately noticed Phileal's voice grow somber and opened the bathroom door. She was still dressed, but Phileal reflexively covered his eyes as she stepped out.

"I really didn't see anything!"

"Right. So today, why don't you go have some tea with Dad over there? He must be feeling cold."

Anais placed her hand over Phileal's to gently lower it. Once he confirmed her appearance, he nodded.

"But you don't want me to talk?"

"Yes, I'm okay with that today."

"Got it."

As Phileal asked with concern, Anais patted his head. It felt oddly awkward to wash alone now, which left her feeling a bit disappointed. But with her father around, it was somehow embarrassing to have a conversation while washing.

"I thought you were smart, but you lack common sense."

"Yes, I'm a bit lacking in that. That's why Anais teaches me every time."

Seeing that Phileal didn't take her father's sarcastic tone too seriously reassured Anais, and she stepped back into the bathroom.

As she closed the door behind her, Phileal filled the kettle with water as instructed. It seemed to be a magical teapot, as the water boiled effortlessly. He then placed tea leaves into a cup and prepared to pour the water.

"What are you doing?"

"Anais said to make tea. The Duke is feeling cold."

Duke Percival thought he understood why Anais didn't seem to be wary of Phileal. Letting out a sigh of relief, he got up and approached Phileal.

"That's not how you make tea. Haven't you learned anything like this?"

"No. You can teach me, Duke. Thanks in advance."

Phileal flashed a charming smile, causing the Duke to chuckle despite himself.

"Is this your natural personality?"

"What's my personality like?"

"Very slick."

"Thanks for the compliment. But is this the wrong order?"

"Yes. You should steep the tea leaves in the teapot before pouring them into the cups."

"Oh, I see."

Duke Percival skillfully brewed the tea and poured it into the cups. He handed one to Phileal and kept the other for himself.

"It's delicious."

Phileal's words made the Duke wonder what he was currently doing, so he set down his teacup and sat back down in the chair.

Although this was said to be the best guest room, the sofa was quite worn, and only the bed was luxurious—designed for couples, no less.

"But why did the staff give you such a room?"

"Because Anais and I are a couple."

"What?"

"The identification I brought when I came here says we're married, so on paper, Anais and I are legally married right now."

Phileal finished the tea the Duke had prepared and poured himself another cup.

"This tea is really delicious. My subordinates once made tea for me, but it tasted like sewage."

At that, Duke Percival couldn't help but laugh. However, feeling strangely defeated by his own amusement, he quickly wiped the smile off his face.