Chapter 1

Mari's POV

I walked through my now destroyed home. Charred wood littered the ground, bodies burned beyond recognition. Of course, I was able to find my parents and brothers. I tried to keep in my tears. My parents have made me into a warrior. I don't cry. I used my powers to take away any signs of the fire group. I am now the last water elemental left. I have no family, no friends. I walked through the destruction to find my house. I grabbed my backpack and found the things I would need. Clothes and shoes were the main thing. I have no personal items. There is no need. But I look over at my dresser and notice something. It's a necklace with a note.
"Mari: you are our pride and joy. You have grown so much in the 20 years of your life. We might not be able to see you live your life, so we love you so much. Mom and Dad". I grabbed the necklace. It was a locket. I opened it and saw a picture of my mom and dad holding me when I was first born. All 5 of my brothers were standing in the back.

Sohinki's POV

I looked on at the hill of my former home. I left years ago, but I still had many memories there. I even had a crush, but I left before I could say anything. I have been on the run for 10 years. Watching your mother scream your name at 15 was painful, but I knew that I wouldn't be safe. The fire group vowed to destroy us years ago, and now they have. I wanted to go down and look through my former home, but I could see someone else was there. It was a girl who looked about the age of 20. I would recognise her anywhere. Mari. The daughter of the leader. She's a warrior, nothing gets past her. As I sat on the hill, Mari started walking away from the charred wood and smoke. I picked my backpack up and ran down to look for any signs of my family. I knew they would be dead, but I went anyway. My house was the one at the very edge of the village. My house was nothing but a pile of rubble. I sifted through the wood, looking for anything. I then found the burned corpse of my mother. Her hand was clenched in a fist. I opened her hand and saw a small picture. It was a photo of my mom holding me, my dad standing behind her. I grabbed the picture and ran out of the village.