Chapter 13

Matt's POV

I watched Mari from a tree outside the village as she met with her friends. She looked so beautiful with her new short hair. A few hours later, she met me up in the tree. "What ya doin up here". "Observing". She giggled and flipped her hair. "See anything interesting". "No, but I see an angel among us". She looked down at the ground. "How long have you liked me". I looked at her. She looked at me with eager eyes. "Since we were kids. You were the toughest one out of the bunch. And you looked hot while doing it. Then again, it was just another teenage fantasy". She shook her head. "Trust me. I was the only one any boy wanted. I've never had any successful relationships though". "How about we change that". I leaned over and kissed her smooth pink lips. "I think we can do that". "Marhinki"? She nodded. "Marhinki". I smiled. My dreams came true. Then, I saw a group of people running towards the Air village. I quickly climbed down and ran for the village.

Mari's POV

Matt practically jumped out of the tree we were in. I climbed down too and followed him. "Matt! Wait". "Mari. Stay here". "Why". "It's Lasercorn". My eyes widened. I nodded and ran back to the Earth village. I reached Marzia's house and knocked on the door. "Oh hey Mari". "Can I stay at your place for a while". "Yeah why". "I'll give you one word. Lasercorn". Her eyes widened like mine did. "Where". "Air village". She ran out of the house and towards another house. "Jack open up. We have problems". When he opened the door, he looked at me right away. "Who's this". "That's not important. We have more serious problems". "Like what". She quickly told him everything I told her. He ran out of the house and into the center of town. "Before we do anything, I want to know. Who's this". Marzia sighed. "Its Mari. And don't even question me. She just changed her look up". "Oh. Wait why do you think Lasercorn is attacking the Air group". "My theory is that he found about me and wants me dead" I said. He nodded and ran off.

Lasercorn's POV

My group and I saw the Air village growing closer. "Almost there guys. Now remember. We're just here for Mari. Any other prisoners is bonus". They nodded and continued to follow me. Just before we reached the edge of town, I was tackled. "Stay away from her". I leapt up, flinging the attacker a few feet away. "Guys go. I'll deal with this guys". The group split up and ran in different directions looking for Mari. "Who are you" I asked. "Matt Sohinki". "And you are in what group". "Water". My eyes widened. Did I just hear him right. I grabbed my knife and ran towards him. If Mari cared for this guy, she would do anything for him. I grabbed some rope and tried to make some homemade handcuffs. But he was too agile for me to catch him. I looked down at my knife and had an idea. I lunged and cut his side, making him fall over. "Now. You're coming with us. Fires! Regroup". 10 minutes later, the whole group was here. "And who is this pathetic soul" Mark asked. "He says his name is Matt Sohinki. And apparently, he's a water". "Another one?! They might as well have a secret village full of them" Shane exclaimed. "Well. This fine fellow is our hostage. Until Mari gives herself up, he's ours".