Chapter 6

Marzia's POV

I watched as Jack came walking back into the camp, hands dirty. He obviously was using his abilities. He always does that when he's mad. "Jack. What were you doing" I asked walking out into the town circle. "Sweetie. What are you doing out here". I rolled my eyes. "Jack. I'm almost 20. I can make my own decisions". "You clearly couldn't when you wanted to date that human". "I loved Felix. But no. I couldn't because he was human. I wasn't going to tell him". "Marzia. Your foolishness could have cost all of the Elementals their lives. It cost Mom and Dad theirs, I don't want it to take yours". Tears came to my eyes. I started to walk away. "Oh Marzia. I'm sorry". I shook my head and ran towards the house. I crawled into the tunnel system and snuck out to the mountains where I have a separate cabin. I wish Mari was here. She always made life better. I climbed into the one room house and started digging through the trunk of my belongings. Deep in the bottom, I found a picture of me and Felix. His blonde hair and blue eyes stood out the most. Underneath that picture was a photo strip of me and Mari. We had gone to the carnival that day and wanted to get some pictures. Back when we were still young and foolish. I started crying. I had already lost my parents and the love of my life, I don't want to lose my best friend too.

Wes's POV

"Josh come on. We'll get in serious trouble for this". I ran after my twin who was running towards the 5 mile trail that led to the air groups village. "Come on Wes. Loosen up. Besides we do this all the time and have never gotten caught once. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the hood of his sweatshirt. I dragged him back to the village. "Josh. You know I can tell Ken if you leave. Or Jack. Which would you prefer". "Neither. Alright. Let's go home". Works every time. I then saw a cabin in the mountains. "Come on. I have a better idea". I took off toward the trail that ran through the mountains. "So we can't go see our friends in the air group, but we can go through the mountains". 5 minutes later, I was knocking on the door. It opened and out popped a very upset looking Marzia. "What are you doing out here" I asked her. "This is my place. I can do what I want, when I want without my brother noticing". I them noticed a couple pictures in her hand. "What are those". I asked. She handed me the photos. One was a photo strip and the other was as single photo. "Mari". I traced her face on the photo strip. "Who's this". She wiped her tears away. "The love of my life. His name is Felix". "Oh Felix. Yeah I know who he is". I handed the photos back to her. She then ran into my chest. "I miss them so much". I wrapped my arms around her head and gave her a hug. "I know. I know". "Wes. Come on. You can't run so fast". I turned around and saw Josh. "Marzia". She stood upright and wiped her tears again. "Hi Joven". "Does Jack know". She shook her head. "I should probably get back. I kinda locked him out of the house. I'll see you guys later".