21.

"So, there you have it. There's the story that resulted in your daughter returning home at 10 A.M on a Sunday morning. She looked so peaceful and beautiful, like an angel, I wanted to let her sleep." Ashton's entire last sentence dripped sarcasm, and he turned to smile at me innocently. When I woke up this morning, my hair was a wreck, there was dried drool on my cheek, I kicked Ashton and hit my head on the top of the car, panicking because where the fuck was I and what the fuck happened last night, and to wrap it up, apparently I snored while I slept.

"Well, in all honesty I figured she and Luke had studied too hard and just kinda crashed," My mom shrugged, her back to us as she buttered a piece of toast over the counter. "But I appreciate the honesty. And I'm glad you kids had a nice time. No backseat shenanigans, right?"

Ashton gave me a look and I merely smirked in reply. I was my mother's daughter, after all.

"No, nothing like that," Ashton responded to my mother. "Just cuddles and snoring-"

"Heavy breathing!" I corrected him. "I'm going to brush my teeth, I'll be back."

I wandered into the bathroom, taking my hairbrush from the drawer and doing my best to untangle my hair and making it look decent, before I brushed my teeth. I had a terrible case of morning breath, and I refused to let Ashton kiss me this morning when I woke up. I don't know why he would even want to after I kicked him...How the hell did I even get in that position in the first place?

I spit in the sink and looked up at my reflection. Better, I guess. When I looked down I realized I still had Ashton's sweatshirt on and I raced back down the hall to the kitchen hoping he was still there.

"And I mean, I only met the guy once, but he seems a little to awkward and polite to try and get in her pants you know? You, on the other hand, I haven't figured out just yet. But she'll c-"

"Mom!" I exclaimed, interrupting her.

"We're just having a conversation, dear," She brushed it off, as if she wasn't just caught talking about my sex life - which didn't even exist, if we're all being honest. "One egg, or two?"

"Um, two," I decided aloud, taking off the sweater and tossing it back at my boyfriend, who sat at the table looking pretty damn amused. "Mom, what's going on? You never make eggs for breakfast unless it's a special occasion."

"Well, with you two being out all night, I figured you kids were hungry. Your boyfriend didn't object." I blushed furiously. Normally this is the part where I insist that Ashton is not my boyfriend, but now he is, so I can no longer say that. My mother noticed, too, glancing back and forth between the both of us, before reaching into the cupboard for salt.

"Your mother seems rather inquisitive today," Ashton said when I sat next to him at the table. I had offered my mom help with breakfast but she refused, insisting I sit down and wait for my eggs and toast to be served. Who was this woman and what had she done with my mother? "What would you like to do today?"

"I have a chemistry test tomorrow that I really need to study for, and I need to get my phone back from Luke." I said, not purposely blowing him off, but blowing him off nevertheless.

"I can help you study," He offered. "I mean, I'm not great with chemistry, I got a B minus, but I'd be happy to help anyways." He was persistent and I couldn't say no to him.

"Natalie, Grandma called today," I suppose my mother thought it was the proper time to interrupt. "I know we just moved here about a month ago-"

"A month, one week and two days." I corrected.

"But she wants us to go visit her sometime soon. I was thinking we fly back in two weeks? Stay four or five days and then come back?"

"They'll let you miss work?"

"Well, I have sick days and vacation time," She said. "But what do you think?"

"Yeah, I'd rather not, Mom. I have school, plus its raining season there. I like it here." I excused myself from her trip to which she beamed. Okay, I was confused.

"Just a month, a week and three days-"

"Two days."

"Two days ago, you would have hopped on that plane with America's National Anthem blaring in the background, now you consider this home. You see? I told you this would be good for you," She bragged, serving eggs onto two plates. "Ashton, do you like buttered toast or plain?"

I rolled my eyes as he gave his response, sitting back and looking around. Mom brought the plates over and set them in front of us, muttering an excuse about running errands before she took the keys to the car and wandered out the front door.
"I haven't been cooked for or waited on by anyone's mother in so long." Ashton laughed. I knew by "anyone" he meant his own, he just didn't want to come right out and say it.

"Oh, neither have I. This only happens when you come over. From now on, just show up here before I leave for school, we both win."

"How does your mother make these eggs?" He asked.

"Salt. Some pepper. Milk for fluffiness. Why?"

"No, she put something else in here. Unless its just some American secret. They're great, whatever it is." I smiled, making a mental note to pass the compliment to the cook sometime later tonight.

We ate mostly in silence, finishing at about the same time.

"I'll fill the dishwasher up real fast," I said, reaching forward to take his plate. "You can go to my room an-"

"Wait a second, what's on your arm?" I almost dropped the plate at his question, eyes going wide as I realized I had no long sleeves or bracelets on.

"N-Nothing." I mumbled, taking the plates and taking them to the dishwasher.

____________________________________

A/N: I'm pretty sure we all know what he saw?

Anyways, drama, drama around every corner.
Happy forth of July! I woke up an hour early to write this even though I only slept 2 hours. Sorry if it sucked.

If it didnt, be sure to vote, comment and follow me if you aren't already. Next update Monday or Tuesday my loves.

x Callie