18.

That next Saturday, I was supposed to go to Luke's to study for a science test on Monday after my mom finished running errands. By this point, we had both learned our way around the town fairly well, meaning she could have everything done in one hour instead of one hour and fifty minutes.

However, she did have a second job interview the next day, so she insisted that I get home by ten at the absolute latest. Reminding her that we were only having a study meet-up and possibly hitting the town for dinner afterwards, I told her not to wait up past eight or nine - Letting her know I had my cell phone on in case I was running late for any reason.

Luke's house was actually in walking distance from mine, a mile or mile and a half...Somewhere in that distance range. However, I was expecting the usual calmness of the place that was normally displayed, not music blasting from a quarter mile away or cars surrounding the driveway and parked illegally next to the sidewalk.

I wondered if Luke had remembered that I was coming over today, or if he just randomly decided to...Throw a party?

That wasn't very Luke-like...

I stood outside for at least a good five minutes, wondering if I should just go in, call him, or just turn around and go home. I double checked the address on the mailbox before I fished my phone out of my back pocket, looking under my contacts for 'Luke :)'.

I quickly hit call and held the phone up to my right ear, covering my left so that I had a chance of hearing what my best friend would be saying, if he would answer his cell phone.

"Really, Luke?" I bitterly mumbled when I was sent to voicemail, hanging up and deciding I had no other alternative but to go inside. It didn't have to be a big deal. All I had to do was go inside, track down Luke, and maybe drag him back to mine for the study session, or just reschedule for sometime tomorrow.

I sighed, pushing open the door, avoiding hitting a male standing there, who gave a dirty look when I forced him to take two steps to the left so I had enough room to wedge inside.

Such a big deal. Not.

I pushed my way though the people, feeling extremely out of place. I was wearing a casual, plain, gray sweatshirt and a random pair of jeans I found in my closet, carrying a bag of science textbooks, while the other girls present were all wearing skin-tight dresses, or just shirts that were barely enough to cover their asses, a red cup in their hands.

As my dad would have said: The dresses were cute, I was just wondering what happened to the rest of them.

I pushed my way up the stairs, finding myself wishing that Luke's family lived in a one story house instead of two. It sure would have made things easier on my part.

I avoided people that were basically having dry sex on the stairway, and I muttered for them to find a room as I passed by. Of course, they were too "preoccupied" to hear.

After forever, I finally managed to get to Luke's room, knocking twice. I groaned when I realized he probably couldn't hear and pushed the door open.

"Hey, what on earth is going on? I thought we were supposed to study." I said, finding him sitting at the desk in his room. I closed the door and walked to the foot of the bed, facing him before I sat down.

"Yeah, me too. But my mom went to some family reunion thing a few hours away for the weekend and my brother decided to be a douche," He shrugged. "We could always go to yours. Or we can just wait until tomorrow. The test isn't until Monday."

"Maybe we should wait and study tomorrow." I agreed.

"Okay," Luke agreed. "Just don't leave yet, I don't wanna be here by myself."