10.

A/N: Woah, can't believe I'm already writing chapter 10! For those of you that were kind enough to take a look at my new story, thank you! I'll try and go back and give out dedications and shoutouts later.

The livestream was fucking amazing, the boys are amazing, I love them so much.

The Amnesia lyric video was fucking amazing, the boys are amazing, I love them. (Already said those last two, but whatever.)

Chapter 10!

*****

The walk back home was lonely and took longer than I thought it would. I got home at around sundown, finding my mother at the kitchen table, looking both worried and extremely pissed off.

Too exhausted and too upset for a lecture, I attempted to sneak by, which I succeeded, but when the floorboard outside my room creaked, I mentally cursed.

"Natalie, is that you?"

"Yeah, Mom, it's me." I sighed, turning to face her.

"Where on earth have you been? I told you where to meet me after school. You didn't go there, you didn't go to your appointment, the doctor had to send her son out looking for you! He didn't come back either! I was getting ready to send out a search party!" I sighed. This is exactly what I hadn't wanted.

"I was out with someone." I defended myself. My mother didn't look as upset once the words left my lips, and her hands fell down by her sides instead of letting her hands rest angrily on her hips.

"Y-You were out with someone? You made a friend?" She smiled softly, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. "That's wonderful, hun, I'm so proud of you. What's her name?"

"Uh, him," I corrected, pulling away. "His name is Luke, and I don't know if we'd be classified as friends just yet. We just went to the movies to see that new movie that I've been wanting to see - The Fault In Our Stars."

"I heard its a real tear-jerker." My mom laughed.

"Luke cried," I giggled. "He's nice. Ashton didn't seem very happy about us hanging out, though."

"Ashton? That names seems so familiar." She muttered.

"He's the therapist's son," I explained. "The one who went out looking for me. He found me with Luke and was kind of upset. I guess he had wanted to hang out after my appointment, but he didn't tell me that."

"Oh, there's always the time after your next appointment." She smiled, and I could practically feel my heart drop to my feet.

"N-Next appointment?" I asked, eyes widening. Obviously the fact that I had managed to make a new friend wasn't going to change anything. I should have known it wouldn't, my mother is practically the definition of stubborn. "You're still going to make me go?"

"Of course I am, and I'll pull you out of class if I have to. You're going." She said, and I shook my head.

"I'm getting better for God's sake!" I cried out.

"Natalie, I'm not going to let you fight me on this. For the millionth time, you're going to therapy until I believe you're getting better," I bit my lip as an uncomfortable silence filled the air, and I only moved to brush a tear away from the corner of my eye. "Natalie-"

"I have homework," I said stubbornly, reaching for the doorknob to my room. "Don't call me down for dinner. I'll see you in the morning."

I didn't listen to a response before I slammed the door, leaving her in the hallway. I groaned in frusteration, plopping on the bed on my stomach. Grabbing a pillow, I pressed my face into it and screamed as loud as I could, letting all my anger out in one of the only ways I knew how.

Deciding I may as well do something productive, I reached for my backpack, then opened my phone to check the homework I had been assigned: Some English, History and Math.

I sighed, reaching for the copy of Romeo & Juliet book I had been given today. The homework was to translate what we had read over in class. Unfortunately, I don't speak Shakespearian.

Deciding to come back to it, I reached for the math textbook. Luckily, I had learned most of it back in California, so the homework was like review to me, making it fairly easy. History was just to read a few chapters from the textbook, but scanning was good enough.

I jumped when I heard my phone go off for the first time since we had moved, and I cautiously reached for it, seeing the name 'Luke' on the screen. Smiling, I hit call.

"Hello?" I asked, looking at the clock. It was only 8:30, still pretty early, but I was still pretty tired from last night's outing.

"Hey, Natalie. I was wondering if you understand the English homework. He hasn't assigned this kind of homework until now, and I am completely stumped."

"Nope, I don't get it," I laughed. "But when all else fails, turn to the internet, right?"

"Yeah, I guess I could have a look around online. I can call you back and let you know what I find?" I agreed quickly, before hanging up, hoping to get as much done as I could on my own before he called back.

I nearly screamed when my phone went off again. I wasn't expecting him to call back so soon, it had only been five minutes. But I frowned when I saw an unknown number on my screen, skeptical of answering. Finally, I allowed my finger to slide across the screen, holding the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Natalie." A familiar voice spoke.

"What do you want, Ashton?" I snapped, still pretty angry from what had happened earlier.

"Please, I-I know you don't want to talk to me right now, but I didn't know who else to go to. Will you please come out to the treehouse?"

"I...I don't know. I'm still tired from last night." I said honestly.

"Please." He sounded desperate, voice cracking. I nodded, knowing that if I needed him, he would probably come, even if he was upset with me.

"Fine, I'll be there as soon as I can." I said, hanging up before grabbing a sweater and opening my bedroom door. It sounded like my mom was on the phone with someone in her room, so I was able to sneak by pretty easily, before opening the front door and heading into the night.

I just hoped I could remember my way there.

*****

I'll have to re-write later, this wasn't my best.