7.0

I look in the mirror checking my appearance, making sure I look somewhat decent. I decided to wear a plain black shirt and skinny jeans, nothing really different from what I normally wear.

Since I have the greatest luck ever, my straightener broke this morning. I've been using that straightener everyday for 4-5 years. It was bound to break sometime. But why must it be this day?!

Lately I haven't had time to go get a haircut so my hair grew a little past my shoulders.

I wish I could just chop it all off. I hate the way my hair looks.

I sigh and move away from the mirror. Grabbing my black vans from the corner of my room, I quickly slip them on. After, I grab my phone and walk out of my bedroom.

When I am downstairs I look around for the car keys, agitated when I can't find them after 5 minutes of looking. "Mum, where are they car keys?" I shout to her.

"Oh I have them." She says coming into the kitchen where I was looking for the keys. She dangles them from her fingers as I look to her.

"Can I use them? I'm going to go see a friend." I explain. I'm trying my best to get this conversation over with as I am already late so I need to hurry.

"Tell Chris I said hi." Mum says as she tosses me the keys. With no coordination skills at all, the keys drop to the ground before I could catch them.

"It's not Chris mum. I do have other friends you know." I say, picking up the keys. Moving past her, I walk to the front door.

She gives a quick laugh, "Whatever. Have fun Dani. Remember your cerfew is at 10!" She calls after me while I walk out the door.

Before the door closes I shout back "I know! Bye."

Then I get into the car and drive to Starbucks.

×

When I walk inside the Starbucks I spot Phil immediately. I walk over to the back corner where he is sat. While I walk over, Phil turns his head and sees me.

"Hey Dan." Phil says, getting up from the table and pulling me into a hug. I wasn't expecting , nor was I prepared for a hug so I was kind of startled at first, but eventually I hugged him back, taking in his warm embrace. "Hey Phil." I say.

"Sorry that I came a bit late." I say, breaking the hug.

"No it's fine. You can sit down, and I'll go get our drinks. What do you want?" Phil asks.

  "It's fine, I can get my own drink, you don't have to get it for me." I say. I hate it when people pay for me for anything. It makes me feel really guilty, so usually I just get things myself.

"I want to." He insists. It's obvious that he won't give up even if i wanted him to.

Giving up, I sigh. "Alright then," I say taking a seat in a chair. "Can I get a caramel macchiato please." Phil smiles and nods.

While he walks away I get my phone out, passing the time on Tumblr, liking and reblogging posts until Phil comes back with our drinks.

"Thank you." I say as I take the drink in my hands.

"No problem." He responds. I shove my phone back into my back pocket and take a sip of the drink. "Did you curl your hair?" Phil asks.

I chuckle, "No, this is my natural hair. My straightener broke, so I just have to deal with my hobbit hair for today."

Phil laughs. "Hobbit hair?"

"Yeah. Hobbit hair. It's what I call this mess." I say gesturing to my hair. I hate the way my hair looks when it's like this. Chris has told me before that it's looks good on me but I just don't beleive him.