beginning

I am writing this authors note six-ish months later because after all this time I still don't feel like people quite understand why I made this book or why it's written.

I like to think of writing like painting. There are many different kinds of paintings: small paintings, large paintings, abstract paintings, minimal paintings, etc. But just because one is different from the other doesn't mean that it isn't a true painting. If an artist makes a painting very similar to others, then what's the point of even making it in the first place.. There isn't a point in doing it because painting is about expressing your creativity and letting all your emotions, thoughts and feelings out. Same goes with writing.

When I would write this book I would let all of my thoughts go and just focus on writing. Each chapter has one sentence. To some that might be annoying. To others it's better than what other books.

Now, because of the sentence-per-chapter thing, i've heard some people say that they don't like it because it's not a real book. Going back to the painting metaphorical thing I did: just because one piece of writing isn't like the rest of them does not mean that it isn't a real book.

So before you begin reading I would just like for you to keep that in mind, and I hope you enjoy