10: Marriage

"Mine?"
☽⋅─────•⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅•─────⋅☾

Namjoon and Sky bid their goodbyes to Jin and walked out of the cafe, each holding a bag of cookies Jin gave them.

"Can you hold this for a second, please?"  Namjoon said and handed Sky the bag he was holding.

"Sure," She smiled.

He knelt, holding the loose ends of her shoelaces and tied them properly.

"Namjoo–"

"Shh," He smiled as he stood up. "It's fine."

He smiled softly looking at her flushed face.

Time seemed to freeze as the noises in the background became hazy.

The only thing they could seem to focus on was each other.

The sole thumping of their hearts was all that was heard.

At that time, his eyes felt deeper than the Pacific Ocean.

They were captivating.

They held the world.

Nothing mattered anymore.

Cause for her, Nothing but him at that moment existed.

"Excuse me," Someone said when they accidentally bumped into Sky, throwing her off her balance as Namjoon caught her by her shoulders, holding her protectively.

That's when the duo realized they were standing in the middle of the footpath.

Sky looked down, blood rushing to her face.

Namjoon held her hand softly, ears red from the interaction and led her to the car.

He opened the driver's door for her and then went to the passenger's seat to sit himself.

"You know, I'd love to learn to drive,"
He started the conversation while putting his seat belt on.

"And?"

"For the sake of this world's wellbeing, I don't try." They laughed. "Are you still coming over for the sleepover tonight?"

"Of course,"

"So, where should I—"

"Excuse me?" She interrupted him. "Where should I drop you?" She said sarcastically.

"Dang it. I'll make sure to get my driver next time." Namjoon said and punched the air with his face scrunched.

"Never mind, mister, I like my job." She said, causing a smile to form on Namjoon's lips, deep dimples forming as he smiled.

"Let's head to your house first then, shall we? Gotta get my parents too, we kinda stole their ride."

"Sure thing,"

The drive home after that was filled with silence. Comforting peaceful silence.

Throughout this eventful afternoon, not once did Sky acknowledge the rhythm of their hearts.

The time they had unexpectedly long eye contact or the time when she was in his arms after being thrown off her feet,
And when he hugged her before leaving with his parents.

Everything played like a slowed-down video in her head, and she hated herself for that.

The ride back home was silent.