Her attitude

———— Aaron Hotchner, Emily Prentiss.

Most of the time, Prentiss is a very good agent. She's brave, kind and determined. But there are days, like today, when she acts like a little girl. And right now she's acting like one, arguing with Reid in the middle of the crime scene, with no respect for the cop or the important place we're at. 

"Reid, Prentiss, stop it." Gideon warns again, looking between them both. They laugh and continue playing. 

They make jokes, they push each other, among other things that begin to wear on my patience. Soon, Reid drops the attitude and it's just Prentiss who continues saying and doing nonsense. Gideon warns her again, but she ignores him and continues her bad behavior. 

"Prentiss, come with me, please." I say, going towards the car. She follows me within seconds.

 "What's wrong, Hotch?" 

"What's wrong? Miss, you've been doing something dumb the whole time. Even Spencer stopped, and you keep going. It can't be. Gideon warned you just like I did. Have a little respect for your superiors and your job, Emily! Or there will be consequences you won't like." 

She opens her mouth to complain, but I give her a stern look. 

"Understood?" 

"Ugh... Yes, sir. Understood." She almost snorted, using a dismissive tone. I'm about to put her on my lap, but Reid calls me.

"Hotch, I found something!"

I look at the young doctor, who looks happy for his great job. Gideon is talking to the sheriff, who nods and asks questions. Prentiss makes to go with them, but I firmly grab her arm before she leaves. 

"Listen to me carefully, young lady. I don't want to know that you're being a brat while we finish this case, or I'll have a conversation with you that you're not going to like, okay? Now, go and behave." 

She rolls her eyes as she breaks free of my grip. Well, if that's how she wants to act, I'll have a conversation with her. She can't act like that. 

I go with Reid, who tells me some information and adds that we should return to the station. I tell him and Gideon to go ahead, while Prentiss and I talk a little. 

"Uhh... are we in trouble? Sorry, you know I gave up the attitude..." Reid says.

"Only she's in trouble, you're already being a good boy. Now, do what I told you." 

He leaves with Gideon, who is driving, and I motion for Emily to get in the car. 

"Look, Prentiss, you already have enough problems with me, and believe me, I won't let your behavior go. Now, act like a grown-up and behave until tonight, or this will all get worse, young lady." 

"Hotch, you're being very unfair! Reid was also-" 

"Emily, I'm warning you, stop your excuses there. Spencer stopped his behavior well before you did. Don't try to blame him."

"Why don't you stop being an idiot?" She mutters under her breath, but I hear her. 

"Excuse me? Well, that's all." 

I push my seat back and grab her wrist, forcing her to lie on my lap. Emily struggles, but I hold her firmly until she is calmer. 

PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS "Hotch!" PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS "Ouch!" PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS PLAS 

"And this is just the beginning, miss. Continue with this attitude and you will see the consequences." 

"Hotch!"