Chapter Eight - Will You Forgive Me?

***
I got on the plane doubting myself in every way possible. I was left with so many questions. Love itself had both destroyed and saved me many times. I couldn't deny that sometimes I did consider how much easier everyone's life would be without me. Nancy and Nathaniel had never been more distant, my attempt to bring them together only sent them further apart. Daniel was still recovering for almost having lost his life because I didn't make our relationship more clear, my closeness with him only sent him off the handle and onto a path of self destruction.

Aaron and I were now so completely bonded that even a few days separation was I barely, we were the very definition of codependency. Nothing about our love was cut and dry, every pleasure came with a side dish of tragedy. It was becoming harder and harder to see a future with no complications, no past horrors returning to torment us...one with our family as a whole, one where happiness came in day to day moments. Where we didn't have to savour each moment for fear of the next carrying pain.

I'd sworn off match making for the rest of eternity, I just seemed to make things worse. My last piece of advice to Nancy was; 'move on. Living in the past will only bring you pain and hold you from your future.' From the short time I spent in Italy I could tell that Nancy and Enrique had connected on some level, I told Nancy to give whatever it is between them a chance. As of last night I was no longer 'team Nathaniel.' I had no team, because this wasn't a game...not when so many hearts could get broken.

***
"He couldn't push the meeting an hour?" I pouted slightly looking around Roy. Reaching for Charlotte I mouth a drawn out 'hey.' She excitedly jumped into my arms which only encouraged Adrian to beginning squirming in Roy's arms. It was becoming a challenge holding them both but I managed, kissing the crap out of them I chatted with them for the entire ride home. They seemed very happy with my gifts, I bought them a music box each with an Italian night song and also a teddy bear each that spoke a few Italian phrases when squeezed.

I was a little disappointed that Aaron hadn't received me. I played around with the twins for the next hour waiting for a call from Aaron, the room was totalled but my babies still had an endless supply of energy. "Mummy's going to change okay..." I cooed while catching and put putting both Charlotte and Adrian in their play pen. The way the two were racing around told me that they wouldn't stay put, so I and to tale precautions.

The lingerie I'd selected to wear was now useless as my husband was now where to be found. Disappointed I walked into our room, placing my phone on the dresser I began to strip. "About fucking time sweetheart."

"Hah! Shit!" My hand flew to my chest, I flipped to find Aaron closing and locking the bedroom door. "Have you been lurking in that corner since I came home?" Running a hand through his hair he strode towards me, I retreated on instinct. He nodded scanning my body, his eyes crazy with lust. "Well...that, that's just crazy and incredibly creepy Aaron. Why not just come out to me? In fact if your not in a meeting than why didn't you pick me up? I thought you missed me, but not apparently you prefer to waist time getting familiar with the dark corners of our room. You know how disappointed-"

Fisting my hair and gripping my hip simultaneously he crashed his lips with mine as our bodies collided together. I moaned when his tongue forced its way through my lips before violently tasting ever corner of my mouth. He'd won the fight for dominance before I even had a chance to make a move, guiding me back he lifted me with a firm grip around the back of my thighs. I kept loud yelp when he dropped me onto the centre of our bed, lifting onto my elbows I scrambled back.

It was only then that I realised he wasn't wearing anything but some grey sweatpants, my mouth dried when he climbed onto the bed and began to crawl towards me. There was something so predatory in his eyes, his muscles all tensed with each precise movement. I glanced at the door and back at him. His gaze slipped from my eyes to my Leavers lace covered chest. I was wearing a black Freesia under wired brassiere, the design used the Leavers lace in its most theatrical form, with large flowers that blossom across the skin.