Chapter Thirteen - Maddison Taylor Quinn

"M..Mrs Quinn I-we were just-" holding up a hand to silence the asshole, as he lifted from his seat, I clenched my jaw. Fuming, it was a surprise that I managed to stay put. My every instinct was screaming at me to beat them all with an inch if their lives! How dare they? How fucking dare they?!

As took a few steps towards him, the crowd immediately parted to give me way. "Oh please, don't stand on my account. He stood straighter, backing up until his hip hit the edge of his desk. "I wasn't aware the Quinn industries was lacking in projects for its employees to compete. I also cannot recall gossiping about your boss being in the job description."

"Sorry ma'am we-" snapping my head in the direction of the women who'd had the audacity to call my husband a murderer.

"I believe I was still talking...or is waiting for one to finish speaking not a social etiquette you exercise?" Her head fell, cheeks burning a fiery red. Directing my attention back to the man who'd pulled up several articles on Aaron's arrest and the case, that had until now been hidden from the media's relentless lenses. "We really mustn't be providing enough work for our employees. I mean win all this spare time you all have to gossip, spread rumours and...prowl the Internet for information on the media's latest billionaire victim."

"Ma'am we were just-"

"That's it, new fucking rule! When I'm speaking, when my mother fucking lips are moving; I don't hear even a fucking whisper from anyone else. If we're finding it a challenge to do so, then please, do me a favour and get the fuck out of my office!" Several people jumped, my voice echoed with an authority that generally dripped from Aaron's presence alone.

Pulling out the bastards chair with my foot I eyed his seat. "Take a seat." Looking from the chair to me, he cast a pleading glance across the room, his only response was silence. "I really don't like repeating myself...take, a fucking seat." I practically growled, Aaron was better at controlling his rage in the office. He had a way of commanding his employees without losing his cool and collected exterior, for even a second. That was just another one of his brilliant attributes.

Sinking into the office chair, he swallowed hard. "Since you're lacking in tasks to focus on, let me give you a list of jobs I need done. Does that work for you Mr..."

"G...Gale." He stammered.

"Does that work for you Mr Gale? Or should I come back at a better time, one that suits you perhaps?" Shaking his head nervously, he scrambled for a notebook. Reaching for a pen he tested it on the first page. Reaching across his table I handed him a pencil. "You have a few formal letter to write." Nodding he jotted it down. "There will be one addressed to each and every, single individual who is standing around this desk right now." Stopping abruptly, he looked up at the crowd of people, all now shifting nervously. "Yourself included Mr Gale." I grated the words out, spitting his name with a certain element of disgust.

He remained fixed in some sort of trance, his features unquestionably depicting how completely screwed he now was. "B...but ma'am-"

"I wasn't done." Swallowing audibly, his eyes began to shift with fear. Sweating through his Aqua business shirt, he shakily wrote down each name. "I expect, sixteen termination letters and one resignation letter, on my desk within the hour. Is that understood?" There were no answers, not even a sound. Silence remained fixed across the entire floor as I straightening from my bent position. "Failure to do so will result in a seventeenth termination letter Mr Gale...one that I will personally write."

Glaring at the employees, staring at the staff who'd just been fired, I clenched my jaw tighter. "Back to work! Unless you'd like me to have your names added to that list of seventeen." Storming across the floor, I rushed into Aaron's office. The sound of water running, alerted me as to where he was. "Aaron!" I screamed, practically lunging at him before his fisted hand could collide with the mirror. Wrapping my hands around his raised arm, I pushed him back.