In Which: You Drown Like The Titanic

finals season 😔

me and academic burnout rn: 🫂🫂

anyways thanks for all the love on this story! i'm glad you guys are enjoying it!! working on editing more chapters soon, too

WARNING: Swearing, Blood, Violence

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Tanjirou's once jet black blade had turned a blinding shade of crimson. Nezuko's flames, which encased the sword, flickered and crackled with each passing second.

Sweat pooled on his brow—emphasizing the heat that radiated off the sharp, blazing metal.

'Every time I fight a powerful demon.. somebody always comes to my rescue!'

He thought of all those who came to his aid—Urokodaki, Giyuu, Tengen, Rengoku, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Hugh, Sōta..

And you. Oh, especially you.

All of those times that you had put yourself on the line for him—it was far too many to count on a single hand.

'I must pay that back,' Tanjirou thought through gritted teeth. 'I must step up, and put these demons to shame!'

As if it were on cue, the clones turned the corner—freezing in their tracks at the sight of Tanjirou's burning, red blade.

Muzan's memories trickled into theirs all at once; Yorichii—he had been the only other to produce a blade as blinding as Tanjirou's.

Sekido slightly faltered, stumbling back a step as he took in Tanjirou's figure. Even Karaku and Urogi followed suit—momentarily cowering beneath Tanjirou's tremendous aura.

Tanjirou slowly raised his blade over his head—a direct mirror to who Yorichii once was. His scar on his forehead burnt and simmered as it slowly grew in size and color.

'Hinokami Kagura..'

Tanjirou assumed a high stance, just before he zipped forward with grace—fluidly darting between each clone and consecutively slashing.

In his wake, he left a trail that formed a dragon from his solar flames.

'..Sun Halo Dragon Head Dance!'

All at once, the clones' heads soon were cleanly hacked off their shoulders, just as Tanjirou came to a full stop.

'I get it—just like how it was with Gyutaro. The sensations of my movement, my breathing, the way I used my strength..'

Tanjirou quickly flicked back to the very moment he had driven his sword into Gyutaro's neck—forcing back a shudder as he remembered the events that occurred that mission.

'My whole body and forehead.. it felt like it was burning. I understand—I know what I have to do!'

He inhaled sharply, quickly scanning the area. "The last demon.. where is it?! I have to sever all four at once!"

And then he saw it—the last clone pinned to a tree; Aizetsu, the clone of sorrow. His head was gone, and soon, Tanjirou realized that it was Genya who held it in his hand.