Chapter Six

(IMPORTANT: this chapter will contain self harm and a little smut so just a heads up)

Dean's POV

"And that's what you missed on Glee." I say sarcastically.

"What?" Sam turns his head to look at me.

"Oh nothing." I smile to myself.

• • •

"So what's on the agenda for today?" I ask Sam.

"I caught a case."

"I'm listening."

"Oasis Plains Oklahoma. Not far from here. Gas company employee. Dustin Burwash. Supposedly died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob."

"Huh?" I ask.

"Human mad cow disease"

"Mad cow? Isn't that on Oprah?"

"You watch Oprah?"

There's a short pause so I quickly change the subject before any other questions are asked

"So a guy eats a bad burger. Why is that our kind of thing?"

"Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes monthes or even years for the damage to appear. But this guy, Dustin. Sounded like his brain disintegrated in about an hour. Maybe less."

"Okay. That's weird."

"Yea." He agrees with me. "Now, it could be a disease, or it could be something much nastier."

"All right, Oklahoma. Man, work, work, work. No time to spend my money."

• • •

After talking to Travis Weaver and pretending to be Dustin's newphews we drove to the crime scene. Sam found ten beetles in the hole Dustin fell in. Our next stop is to Larry Pike's barbecue. This whole hunt feels like some messed up déjà vu but Sam insisted on going through the motions to be safe. Besides it's not like I can remember every single detail from a hunt a decade ago. But what I do remember is that this has to do with some Native American crap. Still Sam won't listen. He thinks I might be getting it mixed up with something else. For now I'm just going along with it. We pull up to the condo and knock on the front door.

"Welcome!" The man at the door greets us.

"Is this the barbecue?" I ask.

"Yea not the best weather but..." He puts out his hand to shake us. "I'm Larry Pike, the developer here. And you are?"

"Dean. This is Sam." I introduce.

"Sam. Dean. Nice to meet you. So, you two are interested Oasis Plains?"

"Yes, sir."

"Let me just say that we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or sexual orientation." He says with a smile.

"We're brothers." Is what naturally comes out of my mouth.

Sam awkwardly smiles and goes along with what I was saying.

"Our father is getting on in years, and we're just looking for a place for him."

The man looks confused and tries to cover it with a smile. He must of saw Sam and I kiss before we got out of the car.

"Great, great. Well, seniors are welcome too.
Come on in." He leads us to his backyard to where the barbecue is.

Sam elbows me.

"Dean!" He whispers.

"What?"

"What if the guy saw us kiss? You said we're brothers!"